The Labour Party - Part 2

On 12/11/2020 at 14:28, Pettytom said:

There’s no need for anybody to leave.

Just as long as they accept the democratic will of the membership and support the current leadership. 

Corbyn won’t leave. He’ll apologise for his graceless comments and return to the party. Just wait and see.

As if by magic:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/17/jeremy-corbyn-labour-antisemitism-concerns-were-not-exaggerated?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Do I win a prize?

25 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

Personal I'd tell them to get stuffed.

I wish he would, and take his sycophant supporters with him.  Lets see how many millions they (don't) take with their new party next election.

2 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Politician's weaselly words in action; he was suspended for saying 'the scale of the problem was also dramatically overstated for political reasons by our opponents' but he's actually now saying 'To be clear, concerns about antisemitism are neither “exaggerated” nor “overstated”'. There's a marked difference.

In other news, it looks like the disgraced ex Labour MP Baron Ahmed - Lord of Rotherham - , suspended from the Labour Party over anti-semitism and later resigned, is likely to be the first ever life peer to be expelled from the house of Lords after he retired from politics last week ahead of a report into his alleged sexual assault and exploitation.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

I wish he would, and take his sycophant supporters with him.  Lets see how many millions they (don't) take with their new party next election.

Sycophant? 

10 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Labour has lost more than 5,000 members since Corbyn was suspended. The last straw was Starmer threatening expulsion to anybody defending Corbyn.

So much for free speech...

58 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Labour has lost more than 5,000 members since Corbyn was suspended. The last straw was Starmer threatening expulsion to anybody defending Corbyn.

So much for free speech...

5000  x £3 = £15 000.

That’s not particularly expensive to rid yourself of institutional racism.

25 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

5000  x £3 = £15 000.

Happy to say Starmer has been persuaded (forced?) to reinstate Jeremy Corbyn.

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

Happy to say Starmer has been persuaded (forced?) to reinstate Jeremy Corbyn.

Not quite. Not yet. He’s back in the party, but not yet in the PLP.

But I did post details of Corbyn’s climb down earlier.

You should check it out. The hypocrisy is breathtaking for one so pure.

Edited by Pettytom

5 hours ago, Pettytom said:

5000  x £3 = £15 000.

I have pulled you up on this many many times, and i will continue to do so, the figures dont stack up, you mention institutional racism, there is only a small percentage of the membership that has actually been found guilty of antisemetism, 

2 hours ago, banjodeano said:

I have pulled you up on this many many times, and i will continue to do so, the figures dont stack up, you mention institutional racism, there is only a small percentage of the membership that has actually been found guilty of antisemetism, 

1. Your opinion isn’t the only one that counts. You don’t get to “pull me up” about anything.

2. You usually only find things that are hidden if you bother to look properly for them.

3. https://labour.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/13434_20-Statistics-Report-No-Place-For-Antisemitism.pdf