Opticians During Covid

I’ve had a couple of reminders that my routine eye test is due. I’m released from shielding on Saturday and wondering if I ought to book a test. No problems but last test showed early signs of cataracts. Has anyone had a test? What happens with the bit of the test when the ophthalmic practitioner gets really close with the ophthalmoscope when cataracts are diagnosed? Previously this cheek to cheek bit gave me the giggles but not now

Edited by nikki-red

6 hours ago, catmiss said:

I’ve had a couple of reminders that my routine eye test is due. I’m released from shielding on Saturday and wondering if I ought to book a test. No problems but last test showed early signs of cataracts. Has anyone had a test? What happens with the bit of the test when the ophthalmic practitioner gets really close with the ophthalmoscope when cataracts are diagnosed? Previously this cheek to cheek bit gave me the giggles but not now

I went a few weeks ago no problems they all wear face shields. I have got cataracts as well. 

I went to the large opticians on the Moor last Friday.

It was far too full downstairs with little social distancing.

As I needed to have drops for dilation I decided to wait outside .

The senior opthalmologist even took her mask off during the retinal inspection.

Ask for an appointment at a quiet time of day.

I have had an early sign of cataract for 8 years and as it is not affecting my sight and there is no treatment until it does I am not overly concerned about it.

I am going for an eye test on Thursday. I was told that I may need glasses for driving last year, but my eyesight seems to have got worse.