Best Place To Sell Cd's And Dvd's Job Lot

Hi all, 

I'm in the process of moving and being ruthless in sorting out what comes and what goes. We have decided that the extensive CD and DVD collection is to go, I don't really want to mess around selling them individually or going through one of the sites like Magpie or CEX etc., I'd rather sell the lot to someone who will come and collect them. Anyone know where I might find someone? I did run a search on the forum but either I'm not using the search feature properly but I couldn't find anything.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

N

Gumtree and splock are free to list on

Many thanks butlers, I will look at these.

Regards

N

Edited by NeoGen

It will be hard to sell DVD's and CD's now, as most people just use Streaming Services...

Even myself, I love physical media - but don't think I have actually opened a CD or DVD box in at least 5 years...

You will most likely end up either giving them away or taking to a dump :(

Unless you do some crazy price as a job lot, then potentially....

I still buy and play loads of CDs, don't really have time to watch DVDs though. If you can give us an indication of genre, I might be interested in buying the CDs.

Hi Metalman, there is probably 300-400 CD's of mixed genre anything from The Jam, The Police, Natasha Bedingfield BBC Live Lounge etc. 

Record Collector In Broomhill buy CDs. They might be worth a call. I wouldn’t expect much for them though. 

There are also a couple of dealers on Chesterfield market on Thursdays. If you have time, you could pop and ask them.

Or EBay, of course.

The trouble is that nobody has been selling much for the last few months, so they might not want new stock.

Bear in mind that if you sell or give away CDs then you must also delete any backups you may have put on digital media.

When you buy the CD you also buy a licence to play it. Similarly, when you sell on your CD you sell on the licence. 

Plainly written here:

Popular myths about copying and sharing MP3s and CDs

Edited by max
Added link

20 hours ago, NeoGen said:

Hi Metalman, there is probably 300-400 CD's of mixed genre anything from The Jam, The Police, Natasha Bedingfield BBC Live Lounge etc. 

Not really my sort of thing then, and sadly I can't see you getting much for them if I'm honest.

1 hour ago, max said:

Bear in mind that if you sell or give away CDs then you must also delete any backups you may have put on digital media.

When you buy the CD you also buy a licence to play it. Similarly, when you sell on your CD you sell on the licence. 

Plainly written here:

Popular myths about copying and sharing MP3s and CDs

Gee thanks, so helpful

3 hours ago, NeoGen said:

Gee thanks, so helpful

Thanks, it's what the forum's for.