Hi.

What am I supposed to do with old light bulbs in the Sheffield area. They are all pre low Watt bulbs dating from the 80's. The screw type 'mushroom' bulbs went in the old x3 bulb kitchen fitting, then there are other spur and screw bulbs. I don't think they should be put in the brown recycle bin should they?

Wazzie Worrall.....

Put them  in black bin

If they work, give them away.....

There are lots of old(er) buildings that sill use old fittings and cannot use modern bulbs... 

better they used, than being landfill atm...

Thanks for the replies.

I don't want to put them in the black bin because some of our rubbish goes for land fill and some goes in the furnace at Bernald Rd.

Ideally, I would like to give them away, but the problem is to whom? They fill x2 carriers and there's all sorts of differenr bulbs, some screw, some 'old type', some are suitable for dimmers because that's what we had. I'm too busy to go through the bags, so if anybody wants them please take the lot.

Wazzie Worrall

Charity Shops?

Freecycle or Freegle.  They count as electrical waste WEEE so shouldn't be put in the black bin, if you want to throw them away they should really be taken to a Dumpit site. 

Maybe list on splock or Gumtree too.You should get a few quid for them

Old light bulbs, asked at the dumpit site about this when we emptied my

parents house we had some large 200watt photographic bulbs to get rid of,

they will take them in the bin marked fluorescent tubes if you cannot get to

the dumpit site put them in the brown recycal bin chances are they will be broken

before the lorry get's to the recycal center then the metal bit will be extracted

like can's, it was mentioned that the black bin was not for glass waste as light

bulbs are classed as.

If they work then use them they are a lot brighter than the low energy bulbs.