Fancy running a forum? Sheffield Forum is for sale! Learn more

Wednesday's Kit Woes

1 hour ago, PapaLazarou said:

Original prices for 2019/2020 season for adult home shirt (short sleeve) without name printing:

SWFC: £59.00

SUFC: £55.00

Man Utd: £49.95

Not forgetting that both SUFC & Man Utd are Adidas products....and Premier League team shirts.

Just had a look at SWFC's shirts.

The SWFC home shirt looks bog standard, (no pun intended) but that away shirt.  Who the hell designed that?  It's even worse than the old Blades yellow & brown stripes shirt. 

Only thing I can say in its favour is that if the players are having a bad game, the camouflage will come in handy for hiding. 

5 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Original prices for 2019/2020 season for adult home shirt (short sleeve) without name printing:

Not forgetting that both SUFC & Man Utd are Adidas products....and Premier League team shirts.

Still doesn't make it worth 55 quid though does it? Rip off whatever league your in or whoever makes it.

3 hours ago, pintor said:

Out of curiosity  just looked at Chelsea site

Chelsea vapor match shirt £99.95! Kids £84.95!

Match shorts £59.95  

Stadium shirts £69.95 kids £54.95

Shorts £39.95 kids £24.95

Man city authentic shirt  £100

UEFA shirt £105!

Home shirt £65/70

all without names, thats extra!!!

Wowsers but then club's don't really think of the fans when pricing shirts these days

its not right to expect parents to pay more for owls shirts ,than man utd ,and theres are a well known maker,whos ours ? not fare to supporters in my opinion and to renew it every year as well,plus the high cost to watch a match,without the other normal extras.

39 minutes ago, bassett one said:

its not right to expect parents to pay more for owls shirts ,than man utd ,and theres are a well known maker,whos ours ? not fare to supporters in my opinion and to renew it every year as well,plus the high cost to watch a match,without the other normal extras.

Never had all this paraphernalia in my day, red an white scarf when watching Blades, blue an white one for Owls..

I had a red and white rattle, so must have been a Blade.. Oh, and for the cup ties I splashed out for a rosette .

The retro shirt option seems a good idea....   but NOT

The Blades one with one big red stripe down the front, just not stripey.

The owls blue body and white sleeves from the 60s, that was awful.

Richard

The days are long gone when a colour clash occured and the away team either changed there shorts or socks and the goalkeeper changed  his jersey from green to yellow. We have for a few years had home and away kits, all at top prices, and as we know all the kids want the latest no matter what the price is and we do as parents  do our best for them and cough-up. Back on  todays topic as long as the Owls play all home games in the traditional blue and white stripes suits me, and this latest kit  keeps with both tradition and a modern theme . The silver and grey looks ok and i,m sure will  see fans of all ages wearing it. Lets just hope the players selected to wear it are worthy of wearing it.

i totally agree with you alan,lets hope we get a team worthy of wearing the shirt as well.

On 26/07/2020 at 12:59, PapaLazarou said:

swfc prices are crazy 

3 hours ago, ALAN 58 said:

The days are long gone when a colour clash occured and the away team either changed there shorts or socks and the goalkeeper changed  his jersey from green to yellow. We have for a few years had home and away kits, all at top prices, and as we know all the kids want the latest no matter what the price is and we do as parents  do our best for them and cough-up. Back on  todays topic as long as the Owls play all home games in the traditional blue and white stripes suits me, and this latest kit  keeps with both tradition and a modern theme . The silver and grey looks ok and i,m sure will  see fans of all ages wearing it. Lets just hope the players selected to wear it are worthy of wearing it.

Didn't the Owls have a grey away kit in the 80s (with purple trimmings) ?

2 hours ago, The Manager said:

swfc prices are crazy 

So are United's. Like others have said though its more about who's wearing them than what they look like, can play in bright pink if it makes the team competitive

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, St Petre said:

Didn't the Owls have a grey away kit in the 80s (with purple trimmings) ?

They certainly did SP , the official colour was down as Ascot grey and magenta. It was certainly different for the time.

Edited by ALAN 58

The prices for shirts is ridiculous all round really, it's not just Wednesday. 

The away kit is horrific however, really ugly.