Is It Worth Repairing A 5 Year Old Budget Laptop

I used to repair a lot of laptop keyboards.  I found buying foreign ones far cheaper than UK ones. Then just swap over some of the keys from the broken one.  Usually it was just the location of the £ and # keys.

There are some great teardown videos on Youtube.

Thanks for the advice from all. I fitted the keyboard, it was a very simple job indeed and took just 2 minutes, and all working fine. 

1 hour ago, goldenfleece said:

Thanks for the advice from all. I fitted the keyboard, it was a very simple job indeed and took just 2 minutes, and all working fine. 

Saved a few quid there, glad it all went well for you 😉

slightly off topic, but I stuck a cheap Samsung SSD in  an  old Win7 laptop and it fair whizzed along (for web/office/homework)

added Win 10 recently and its like a new machine - still  dusty and full of fluff mind . . .

8 hours ago, Skink said:

slightly off topic, but I stuck a cheap Samsung SSD in  an  old Win7 laptop and it fair whizzed along (for web/office/homework)

added Win 10 recently and its like a new machine - still  dusty and full of fluff mind . . .

Pound for pound, I think the most cost effective upgrade for a PC/laptop is an SSD for the system drive.