Washing Powder Advice!

42 minutes ago, Lex Luthor said:

I have a pretty decent spec Whirlpool machine.  I tried the first "heavy stain" wash last week, with no extra treatments, just my usual Aerial Gel.

The results were remarkable.

Maybe you need a more efficient machine?

My machine is a Whirlpool but have never tried the “ heavy stain” programme. Will try it next time. Unless I spray any stains with Stain Removing Spray before going in the washer, and the usual wash capsulles  they come out with stains still on.

Pre treating clothes with white  vinegar is great for getting sweat stains from the underarm areas. As others have said, soda crystals in the main wash are marvellous - you don;t need to use as much powder if you use soda crystals!

For general washing (including children's grass stained gear and OH's running clothes), we've found the best results are with non-bio powder (use half a scoop), and instead of any fabric softener, we use the equivalent amount of white vinegar.  The clothes don't come out smelling of vinegar, and it really does neutralise any lingering sweaty smells.  For any grease stains, we use Universal Stain Spray 10 mins before washing, which works well.

A washing machine repairer told us that everyone uses way too much power - half a scoop is ample for a full load, and fabric softener causes build up on the machine, and on fibres of your clothes which mean they don't last as long.   He recommended running a very hot wash once a month with an empty drum, with soda crystals instead of detergent.  Remember to clean the door seal regularly, and dry the machine with the door left open - or your wash will stink like wet dogs!

Treated the stains before putting in the washer with Vanish ( stain remover spray), put an anti stain wash on and “ Bingo” clothes came on with no stains on at all.!

On 17/08/2020 at 16:57, pattricia said:

Treated the stains before putting in the washer with Vanish ( stain remover spray), put an anti stain wash on and “ Bingo” clothes came on with no stains on at all.!

Glad you were as impressed as I was with the Whirlpool stain technology.

On 17/08/2020 at 16:57, pattricia said:

Sending you some of my gear for you to sort out now 😂😂