Ebay Improvement From 3rd September 2020.

EBay are reducing the time a seller has to respond to buyers when there is an issue. I have always felt the return/refund process took too long. See below:

"From 3 September 2020, we’re making changes to our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy. Key changes below:

The time a seller has to respond to return requests or an eBay Money Back Guarantee (eMBG) claim will change from 8 calendar days to 3 business days.

Once a return is accepted, the time a buyer has to ship the item back to the seller will change from 14 calendar days to 10 business days.

Thanks,
The eBay Team"

5 minutes ago, Janus said:

EBay are reducing the time a seller has to respond to buyers when there is an issue. I have always felt the return/refund process took too long. See below:

"From 3 September 2020, we’re making changes to our eBay Money Back Guarantee policy. Key changes below:

The time a seller has to respond to return requests or an eBay Money Back Guarantee (eMBG) claim will change from 8 calendar days to 3 business days.

Once a return is accepted, the time a buyer has to ship the item back to the seller will change from 14 calendar days to 10 business days.

Thanks,
The eBay Team"

I'm kinda glad the seller will have less time. I had to return an item back in Feb and the seller just dragged his heels responding, leaving it to the maximum time frame each time. In the end ebay intervened. 

I experienced exactly the same. After the time frame had passed, the seller tried  evasion and told ebay  `item not returned`. LOL, ebay tumbled him when they checked the tracking info.This was a business seller too.

Edited by Janus

That's good.  I've known sellers play the system to drag an issue out as long as they can so you get fed up or risk missing a deadline.

too much profiteering on e bay now, used to be able to get a bargain, much harder now, 35.00 for a 8 yr old 2tb H/D, not even Crystal Disked checked(tests for health/usage, should be condition of sale), no thanks.

On 24/07/2020 at 11:53, gamezone07 said:

too much profiteering on e bay now, used to be able to get a bargain, much harder now, 35.00 for a 8 yr old 2tb H/D, not even Crystal Disked checked(tests for health/usage, should be condition of sale), no thanks.

Unfortunately with secondhand good it's more of a case of "buyer beware." At least you were sensible in not buying it.