Sign in to follow this  

Fao Ghozer - Can You Help?

Just looking for someone to do graphics card repairs in Sheffield, and came across some of your posts - is this something can do / charge for?

I have 3 cards total that need looking at:

• Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Power on, fans spin, LEDs light up.  No display using any of the ports -3x DP and 1xHDMI
  • EVGA GTX 1660 Ti - No life at all, no heat as far as I can tell is generated, fan doesn't spin, no display
  • MSI GTX 1660 Ti Ventus - Gets to desktop with a small amount graphical corruption (not present until Windows loads to might be driver related?), but won't load 3D apps, drivers install correctly, identified correctly in GPU-Z, but doesn't give full range of resolutions and refresh rates.  HDMI was limited to 1280x1024 and DP was limited to 1920x1080, on the 2560x1440 @ 144Hz monitor.  Tried multiple driver installed, and tried flashing BIOS with nvflash, however not sure if it took as GPU-Z reports the same BIOS revision it originally had, and not the one I was trying to install (use cmd line "nvflash64 -r -6 biosfilename.rom") . This should has disabled BIOS protection (-r) no error is listed but still not confident the official BIOS was applied correctly.  BIOS on the card is present on techpowerup bios database as for my card, but is not verified as official, hence I was trying to flash the official BIOS back to the card to hopefully fix it.

I'm unable to PM you, is your PM full or disabled?  PM me a method to contact you directly if you're interested....