Q Magazine

I've been buying the monthly Q music magazine since its inception in the 80's its been a sort of bible to me and has informed many of my current musical tastes and introduced me to many and varied new artists, sadly the next edition is to be its last, very sad indeed.

Mojo, Uncut, Record Collector and Shindig are thankfully still available at time of writing.

29 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I've been buying the monthly Q music magazine since its inception in the 80's its been a sort of bible to me and has informed many of my current musical tastes and introduced me to many and varied new artists, sadly the next edition is to be its last, very sad indeed.

Used to love it - and I was on the letters page twice for getting the spinal message!

52 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Used to love it - and I was on the letters page twice for getting the spinal message!

Well done, they were not easy. I got my photo in once in a foreign location with a copy.

I had my photo in it once, but I've hardly looked at a copy for years.

Edited by metalman

I had a huge pile of Q’s most of them mint then was given a load of old ones including No:1 No:2 and No:3 I think there was only No:4 and a couple in the 20’s that we’re missing. Then Q went downhill the humour disappeared and I think Mark Ellen left and I lost interest. Many years later they were just taking up room and I couldn’t find anyone that wanted them so they went in the bin had to do it over 2 weeks they were that heavy and of course we hadn’t even heard of recycling back then.

I used to subscribe from the beginning, but stopped when it became very in-jokey and knowing, which put me off.   It was a shame, as it was initially a great mag to discover things from.  They started to write off huge chunks of music and genres if it didn't fit their personal tastes.    

Bought all the major music magazines over the decades especially when they had a tape or cd on the front (still got them all)

I gave up with Q when they started reviewing films; I already bought Empire for that and the reviews were indistinguishable (not surprising as they were sister publications).

I think it changed incarnations over time and it did have a really middle of the road feel at one stage, still the best remaining music mag though.

I  have many issues of Q if anyone wishes to purchase them...

22 minutes ago, Rocklizard. said:

I  have many issues of Q if anyone wishes to purchase them...

Thank you, but selling in discussion threads is against forum rules. Please don't post this in discussion threads again.