Cookswood Road Helicopter Pad

BIU🙂

Large red & white helo just landed . . . 

I see this regularly out my back..

I think it's Sheffield Sea Cadets - they are up that way..

Another visit, it does seem a strange place to use, presumably for NGH - would it be able to land across from the childrens if the destination was over that end?

It would be my luck to get picked of the top of a mountain (not very likely really) flown within half a mile of the hospital and end up in an ambulance stuck in the mud.

Has the helipad gone from by the palliative care? Is there no where nearer a new pad could be set up with hard standing access, if not and this is the only place for it to land then we should be at least putting a tarmac road up to the pad.

Best wishes to the passenger hope all's ok.

I just think the coastguard one is too big for NGH.....as it is only this one that seems to land here, theres still a helipad at NGH for the air ambulance.

I'm not sure where at NGH the helipad is as it could even be a weight issue.  Maybe someone who works at NGH knows ?

Also had Chinooks land at the parkwood helipad aswell.

Edited by MuteWitness

It’s on the roof of the GP Collaborative. Close to A & E.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Edited by nikki-red

22 hours ago, Arthur Ritus said:

Another visit, it does seem a strange place to use, presumably for NGH - would it be able to land across from the childrens if the destination was over that end?

It would be my luck to get picked of the top of a mountain (not very likely really) flown within half a mile of the hospital and end up in an ambulance stuck in the mud.

Has the helipad gone from by the palliative care? Is there no where nearer a new pad could be set up with hard standing access, if not and this is the only place for it to land then we should be at least putting a tarmac road up to the pad.

Best wishes to the passenger hope all's ok.

For thursday https://edalemrt.co.uk/incidents/?pages=4

"The Coastguard Rescue 912 had also been requested and they were able to land near to the casualty site with rotors running. After packaging onto a stretcher he was hot loaded onboard the Coastguard Helicopter for onward transfer to the trauma unit at Sheffield Northern General Hospital. "