Trans Equality In Sport Don't Mean They Are Exactly The Same.

15 hours ago, melthebell said:

I wonder why they have a certain testosterone level for a year rule?

https://www.uci.org/inside-uci/press-releases/the-uci-updates-and-clarifies-its-regulations-on-transgender-athlete-participation

Im sure medical professionals know what happens to the body when theres certain levels of testosterone in the body for different levels of time?

You will have already read in the OP's article link that; 

(My bold)

“Current policies regulating the inclusion of transgender women in sport are based on the premise that reducing testosterone to levels found in biological females is sufficient to remove many of the biologically-based performance advantages,” the draft report says. “However, peer-reviewed evidence suggests this is not the case.

“Ciswomen players (who do not undergo androgenisation during development) who are participating with and against transwomen (who do undergo androgenisation during development) are at a significantly increased risk of injury because of the contact nature of rugby.”

It adds: “While there is overlap in variables such as mass, strength, speed and the resultant kinetic and kinematic forces we have modelled to explore the risk factors, the situation where a typical player with male characteristics tackles a typical player with female characteristics creates a minimum of 20% to 30% greater risk for those female players. In the event of smaller female players being exposed to that risk, or of larger male players acting as opponents, the risk increases significantly, and may reach levels twice as large, at the extremes.”

As World Rugby’s working group notes, players who are assigned male at birth and whose puberty and development is influenced by androgens/testosterone “are stronger by 25%-50%, are 30% more powerful, 40% heavier, and about 15% faster than players who are assigned female at birth (who do not experience an androgen-influenced development).”

Crucially those advantages are not reduced when a trans women takes testosterone-suppressing medication, as was previous thought - “with only small reductions in strength and no loss in bone mass or muscle volume or size after testosterone suppression”.

What you see here is the winner and runner up of the World Track Cycling Championship, either side of a transgender athlete who used to be a man and retains the athletic characteristics of a man.

Mckinnon.jpg

7 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

How do you think clubs pay for all these top-level highly skilled but highly paid players.  Where do you think the funds come from for these sports clubs to build these shiny high capacity stadiums. 

I'm sure you do miss the old days of part-time miners and milkman kicking a ball about for a couple of bob on a Sunday to entertain one man and his dog but the world has moved on.   

72,831 is the record attendance at Hillsborough in 1934. 

Hardly one man and his dog. 

There is a lot to be said for paying sports stars less and being less in thrall to TV and sponsors. 

On 20/07/2020 at 18:52, melthebell said:

Maybe you should read up on changing your sex, its a little bit more involved than putting a bit of lippy on

I missed this one.

I know some transgender people, some who were women and now men, and some who were men and now women, and they are proud and happy to explain all about their physical and psychological changes and I've been happy to listen. Thanks for the patronising post though, appreciate it.