Trans Equality In Sport Don't Mean They Are Exactly The Same.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jul/19/transwomen-face-potential-womens-rugby-ban-over-safety-concerns

This is a safety driven report but what of the 'level playing field' which gives any sport its validity

If this is true of rugby it is true of the vast majority of sports.

At last the pendulum starts to swing back to the centre.

Oh yeah - Men are twice as likely to die of Covid19.

I do not know how it's taken this long. The size of the lads that get away with playing in the womens league is ridiculous, they would even terrify me running towards me. 

Unable to read article without registering (no thank you).

Whats the position legally, on quoting articles that are behind paywalls or other hoops they want you to jump through to get access?

It almost certainly stymies debate, as most people are unable to see the article being debated.

24 minutes ago, Waldo said:

You don't need to register and its not behind a paywall.  Try opening in a private browsing window if you've used up all your free views for a site.

Edited by alchresearch

23 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Whats the position legally, on quoting articles that are behind paywalls or other hoops they want you to jump through to get access?

It almost certainly stymies debate, as most people are unable to see the article being debated.

I can read it fine without registering.  I’m not sure the Guardian even has a paywall.

Debate away.

27 minutes ago, Waldo said:

generally all you have to do is click on the "i'll do it later" link, and if you reach your limit of free articles then you clearly value the content so maybe you should consider contributing to it's continued production

4 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

I can read it fine without registering.  I’m not sure the Guardian even has a paywall.

Debate away.

The Guardian never operates a paywall. 

Anyone can read their journalism. Anyone can choose to pay £5 a month for that privilege, if they want to.

As for trans rugby players, I think it is difficult to envisage any kind of fair sport if trans athletes are allowed to compete alongside female ones. 

14 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Anyone can read their journalism. Anyone can choose to pay £5 a month for that privilege, if they want to.

As for trans rugby players, I think it is difficult to envisage any kind of fair sport if trans athletes are allowed to compete alongside female ones. 

Don't take that view to Twitter!

18 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Be careful, hate speech is a very fluid line when it's trans issues.

It seems the majority of transpersons in sport are women who were previously men.

48 minutes ago, Stranza said:

Be careful, hate speech is a very fluid line when it's trans issues.

53 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Don't take that view to Twitter!

I’m aware that it is a touchy subject, but the potential distortion of women’s sport is equally worthy of careful debate. 

I’ll take the twitter advice though😀

Poor JKRowling is still being targeted on Twitter, I avoid it too it's a bear pit.