Buying Freehold From Duke Of Norfolk

On 29/10/2020 at 21:26, topflat29 said:

Stylefree ,

What is the  annual ground rent  and  number of years left on your  lease ?

Lost  a   message .     did you send me the  annual ground rent  ?

Hello,

I am experiencing similar problems. I contacted Fowler Sandford who confirmed that the Duke didn't own the freehold. They suspected it was one of a bunch sold to "Cefen Estates" in the 80s. The trouble I'm now having is that I can't find a freehold title on the Land Registry site, just the leasehold one which I've had for ages, and I can't find any record of Cefen Estates having ever existed through on line searches.

Any advice greatly received

Suggest you get an experienced solicitor on the case

Looking at Companies House there is a Cefn Estates listed.

On 22/05/2021 at 13:49, DameClara said:

Looking at Companies House there is a Cefn Estates listed.

Yes. See https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06431039

Anyway, its freehold reversion portfolio is surely registered if purchased in the 1980s.

Or maybe Messrs Fowler Sandford llp is wrong. You need proper advice so that you know the current position before trying to enfranchise.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

Turns out if you ring the Land Registry they can find 'missing' land owners. Cefn Estates is the owner, I now have a copy of the freehold registry.

Unfortunately both Cefn Estates Limited on companies house were incorporated after the property purchase so I don't think they are involved

Edited by Peter Kirkup
update

I'm trying to sell an S2 property, land registry suggests Duke of Norfolk owns freehold but had letters in 2013 saying Miller Ross and Miller Hardy as having purchased it, both companies seemed to have disolved, found a letter today from 2016 saying Miller Ross were disposing of their interests in several hundred leasehold properties to Shevington Properties, pending a subsequent sale to a pension fund investor, was wondering if anyone ever got to the bottom of who owns your freehold in the S2 area?

You can't be sure neighbouring houses will have their freehold held with the same company as it could have easily been sold to someone else.

Have you purchased the deeds from Land Registry?  They might have updated owner details.

On 10/06/2022 at 22:19, Ian Longley said:

I'm trying to sell an S2 property, land registry suggests Duke of Norfolk owns freehold but had letters in 2013 saying Miller Ross and Miller Hardy as having purchased it, both companies seemed to have disolved, found a letter today from 2016 saying Miller Ross were disposing of their interests in several hundred leasehold properties to Shevington Properties, pending a subsequent sale to a pension fund investor, was wondering if anyone ever got to the bottom of who owns your freehold in the S2 area?

See my reply on your other thread

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/478480-freehold-purchase-advice/page/2/#comments

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

Hi

I know it's been a while since the original post from @legseleven, but I was wondering how everything went with trying to buy the freehold. And if you tried, do you think it was worth it buying it? I'm in the same situation now, but the property has 87 years left on the lease. It's in the same Manor Lane area, and I think Duke of Norfolk is the freeholder.

It also might be that a company has bought the freehold from the Duke of Norfolk, like the property @Peter Kirkup was looking at. I'm getting my solicitor to check, but how did that go @Peter Kirkup?

And thanks for all the advice on here @Jeffrey Shaw

Thanks 

Edited by Sheffiona
Added names of users I was quoting

A pleasure.

You really should buy the f/r, esp. before the lease's remaining term drops below 80yrs.