Galaxy S6 -Transferring Emailed Photos To Phone.

As the title says, how do I transfer photo attachments on emails into the phones photo gallery? Until I have done that, I am unable to attach the said photos onto text messages.

Don’t you click on the photo in the email and it gives you options such as save to files or photos ?

Yeah, like above...

Just, click/open the attachment, then click the little Share button, and there should be an option to save to gallery..

Or there may be an option to download it,... same thing....

On the phone, i can only tap the image which then displays 3 dots at top right but these dont give the required options.

Cant use the laptop at moment as it has start up issues.

1 hour ago, carosio said:

On the phone, i can only tap the image which then displays 3 dots at top right but these dont give the required options.

Cant use the laptop at moment as it has start up issues.

If all else fails, open the image, full screen, then take a screen-shot of the image...

or tap/hold on the image once it's opened, and click "save" or "download"

It can vary slightly each version, but there is always a way to do it.
You probably just have to find out how on your particular handset...

From the S6, I never used it's internal mail client, so partly depends on where/how you're checking your email?

(gmail app, via website, or some other app)

Edited by Ghozer

So what options does it give you with the menu?

Been a while since I had an S6 :) 

It gives mark   flag   reply  forward   delete 

Wonder if forward is relevant, I have to reply to a strange looking link (its legit) which is not in my address book, more like a mail address

Ahh normal email actions. I'd try what Ghozer said with the press and hold on the image.

Ok thanks, still no further; I found a "share" option buried away for sharing to various apps which included a "photos" app and I thought it worked but it seemed to have transferred to google photos, whatever that is. On second attempt the photos app didn't appear on list!

I'll contact the recipient and tell them to give me an email address to make things simpler!

On a general note, I'm surprised that this much vaunted phone has proved so difficult to transfer photos (by lead) to laptop (Win 7). i managed it once a couple of years ago, but had to dowload some obscure software to do it- and that was the last  time i was successful. Now I just email them to outlook . And yes, I have set the USB to MTP as recommended. It appears I'm not the only one to have difficulties with this phone.

Edited by carosio

12 hours ago, carosio said:

Ok thanks, still no further; I found a "share" option buried away for sharing to various apps which included a "photos" app and I thought it worked but it seemed to have transferred to google photos, whatever that is. On second attempt the photos app didn't appear on list!

I'll contact the recipient and tell them to give me an email address to make things simpler!

On a general note, I'm surprised that this much vaunted phone has proved so difficult to transfer photos (by lead) to laptop (Win 7). i managed it once a couple of years ago, but had to dowload some obscure software to do it- and that was the last  time i was successful. Now I just email them to outlook . And yes, I have set the USB to MTP as recommended. It appears I'm not the only one to have difficulties with this phone.

By the sounds of it,  you are either over-complicating things, or expecting too much from it...

I had an S6 when they were the 'peak' and never really had an issue, no problems transferring photos/files (needs the Samsung USB driver installed to work, (not standard in windows 7 (and you shouldn't even be still using 7 tbh))

If you continue to have problems, let me know, i'll pop up (distanced obviously) and we'll check the phone's not been modified, and i'll get things going  as expected!

Thank you for the offer. I do have the driver installed, but I would have thought that this driver was Win 7 compatible at the S6's introduction? I steered clear of upgrading to Win 10 due to the adverse comments at its launch.

Just grab yourself a live Linux distro, connect your phone to the notebook running live distro, save photos to desktop then transfer back again - look for .DCIM on your phone in file explorer - expand that and search for 'photos' then transfer from desktop back to your S6. Use file transfer not MTP. ;)

Edited by swarfendor437