Judges Rule Shamima Begum Should Be Allowed Back In The Uk

Vaati

The bickering and "prove it" posts can cease.  Any further posts will result in accounts being suspended.

Message added by Vaati

Begum says we clearly don’t know what we’re doing to fight terrorism in this country and she could help us.  By not allowing her back into the country proves we do know how to fight terrorism.  She should stay where she is.  

1 hour ago, dan_999uk said:

There's grooming AND grooming, regardless of ethnicity. 

Being encouraged to meet some down at the local park without telling anyone is one thing.  If we are to believe her parents, that they knew nothing of her actions & intentions but to leave the UK, travel right across Europe then Turkey, then to sneak into Syria, shows purpose, clear intent & culpability. 

Anyway, less we forget during all this debate, Begum is no longer a British citizen. 

Edited by Baron99

It is a terrible situation and one where she should accept the consequences for her actions and be an example for others not to follow

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

There's grooming AND grooming, regardless of ethnicity. 

Being encouraged to meet some down at the local park without telling anyone is one thing.  If we are to believe her parents, that they knew nothing of her actions & intentions but to leave the UK, travel right across Europe then Turkey, then to sneak into Syria, shows purpose, clear intent & culpability. 

Anyway, less we forget during all this debate, Begum is no longer a British citizen. 

Didn’t realise there were different levels of grooming…..

1 hour ago, makapaka said:

Didn’t realise there were different levels of grooming…..

Doesn't say different levels.  I think you know full well what I mean. 

If you don't, I can't help you. 

Edited by Baron99

Guest makapaka
19 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Doesn't say different levels.  I think you know full well what I mean. 

If you don't, I can't help you. 

I think you mean you don’t want to consider that she is a victim in any way - so used a weird comparison with someone being asked to go to a park.

Edited by makapaka

6 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I think you mean you don’t want to consider that she is a victim in any way - so used a weird comparison with someone being asked to go to a park.

So you did get it but thought you say otherwise.  You & I have played this game before on many, many, many, (yawn), threads over the years. 

Guest makapaka
7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

So you did get it but thought you say otherwise.  You & I have played this game before on many, many, many, (yawn), threads over the years. 

No i don’t get it.

why is someone only a victim of grooming in certain examples of grooming ?

Edited by makapaka

On 15/09/2021 at 23:31, Baron99 said:

So Ms Begum has given an interview to the BBC, (also saw here briefly being interviewed this morning on GMB with Suzanna Reid, looking every inch the modern, early 20's year old Western woman - Begum not Reid). 

Good to see despite her troubles, Begum retains her sense of humour, telling the BBC that if she's allowed to return to the UK, she can help us in our fight against terrorism. 

Two ways of looking at that.  One, she knows a lot & therefore, she's still a potential threat, so best leave her where she is.  Two, she knows very little, therefore, she's no use to us, so best leave her where she is. 

As she told the BBC she could be "useful to society" - (No she wouldn't);

and it would be a waste to let her "rot" in a Syrian camp - (Again, no it wouldn't).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58573501

I happened to see this on the news in passing and the sound was muted; so whilst I couldn't hear what she was saying, her body language was interesting. There was a lot of looking to the right while she was talking, as if she was reading something scripted or someone else was there prompting her what to say. She looked at the same fixed point every 5 seconds or so. I don't remember seeing anyone in the background behind her during the interview either though I could be wrong on that.

Fair play to her for finding new, clean western women's clothes in an Afghan refugee camp too, I'm sure she fits in really well.

Guest makapaka

I wonder how this would have played our If she’d been the white daughter of a white british GP.

they would probably have called it grooming, kidnap and statutory rape of a minor and sent in the SAS to bring her home.

29 minutes ago, makapaka said:

I wonder how this would have played our If she’d been the white daughter of a white british GP.

they would probably have called it grooming, kidnap and statutory rape of a minor and sent in the SAS to bring her home.

Very good point.

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

Maybe, maybe not.  

I believe that the UK/US are still trying to locate Samantha Leithwaite (White Widow) believed to have involvement in acts of terrorism.  So, just because she is white doesn't mean she is treated differently to any other person associated with terrorism.