Judges Rule Shamima Begum Should Be Allowed Back In The Uk

Vaati

The bickering and "prove it" posts can cease.  Any further posts will result in accounts being suspended.

Message added by Vaati

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I’m pleased she has lost her appeal.   What happens now, will she have to fight her citizenship case in Syria?

Unless she can manage to escape Syria and re enter the UK illegally then yes. 

I wonder what the internet speed is in Syria because she could use Skype or Zoom like the rest of us?

Now she knows the true meaning of ISIS...

I'M STUCK IN SYRIA

55 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Presumably she can go somewhere else other than Syria or here should whatever legal requirements are met. 

Entering the UK illegally is unlikely to help her case and even if she did and isn't found she will eventually  have to reveal her presence  especially if her appeal is successful. 

7 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

Presumably she can go somewhere else other than Syria or here should whatever legal requirements are met. 

Entering the UK illegally is unlikely to help her case and even if she did and isn't found she will eventually  have to reveal her presence  especially if her appeal is successful. 

Yes, I imagine that would be the case in that she’d be able to appeal from a more suitable country.

if she did enter illegally, she would be able to attend her appeal hearing and the UK would struggle to remove her before said appeal hearing but certainty it wouldn’t aid her appeal. It would just prove difficult for her to be deported.

2 hours ago, Delayed said:

I wonder what the internet speed is in Syria because she could use Skype or Zoom like the rest of us?

Its not really that difficult tho, once we are all travelling again she could just get a false ID, student VISA or dinghy.

11 hours ago, El Cid said:

Its not really that difficult tho, once we are all travelling again she could just get a false ID, student VISA or dinghy.

in her case it probably is difficult especially the non-legal routes, i'm quite sure the security services knows where she is and if she stops being there for any reason then I'm quite sure it would be easy to create a situation where she has to do something in person in relation to her appeal. 

15 hours ago, Delayed said:

I’ve just read that S Begum is considering a legal attempt to attend her court hearing in the Syrian camp to continue her fight.  So as you say it could be done through Skype or Zoom.  

So Ms Begum has given an interview to the BBC, (also saw here briefly being interviewed this morning on GMB with Suzanna Reid, looking every inch the modern, early 20's year old Western woman - Begum not Reid). 

Good to see despite her troubles, Begum retains her sense of humour, telling the BBC that if she's allowed to return to the UK, she can help us in our fight against terrorism. 

Two ways of looking at that.  One, she knows a lot & therefore, she's still a potential threat, so best leave her where she is.  Two, she knows very little, therefore, she's no use to us, so best leave her where she is. 

As she told the BBC she could be "useful to society" - (No she wouldn't);

and it would be a waste to let her "rot" in a Syrian camp - (Again, no it wouldn't).

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58573501

Edited by Baron99

11 hours ago, Baron99 said:

So Ms Begum has given an interview to the BBC, (also saw here briefly being interviewed this morning on GMB with Suzanna Reid, looking every inch the modern, early 20's year old Western woman - Begum not Reid). 

😆..............

Guest makapaka
12 hours ago, Baron99 said:

One, she knows a lot & therefore, she's still a potential threat, so best leave her where she is. 

Or she has information that could help nullify threats - I suppose is the argument.

Still believe she is a security risk,  after having been in Syria she knows where her bread is buttered and would try anything to get back to the UK

Hmmm... :huh:

Now I realise she's obviously not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but...

... you need to be particularly dim to openly state that you'd like to return to the UK to 'help in the fight against terorism' while you're living in Syria and your next door neighbour could possibly be a member of ISIS. :roll:

If she's telling the truth and is no longer connected to them then surely she'd be at the top of their weekly shopping list?... :confused: