Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Edward Colston Statue Replaced By Protest Figure

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Where do you think I work, Duke Farm in rural Georgia?  

No.

 

We don’t think that.

 

Im referring to five of your first six words, of course.

Edited by Pettytom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

No.

 

We don’t think that.

 

Im referring to five of your first six words, of course.

You think I'm a racist, I get that, and there's nothing I'll say here that will convince you otherwise (not that I care what you think anyway) but do you think that I would be so racist that I would refuse to work alongside black people? really? apart from being immoral, just in practical terms it wouldn't be doable would it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

You think I'm a racist, I get that, and there's nothing I'll say here that will convince you otherwise (not that I care what you think anyway) but do you think that I would be so racist that I would refuse to work alongside black people? really? apart from being immoral, just in practical terms it wouldn't be doable would it?

Nowhere did I even suggest that you are racist.

 

Try reading again, then pause for thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The irony of all this Colston statue thread, which is riddled with the usual mutterings of the SF socialist committee, is that despite his enslaving of thousands of black people he has probably contributed far more to society in general than all them and more of them besides put together, what our resident socialists always fail to acknowledge is that without wealthy 'philanthropists', good or bad, both past and present, there is usually little offered either constructively or monetarily by your average socialist commentator, rather they are traditionally poised waiting for or wanting handouts from the wealthy .... ironic eh !

I can't wait to see if the likes of Lewis Hamilton, Anthony Joshua and Raheem Stirling etc start putting their money where their mouths are, because as the old saying goes 'talk is cheap'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A quick google search of Lewis, Anthony and Raheem giving to charity comes up with them all donating to different causes and being ambassadors in certain cases ( I can't recall them talking about it) and Marcus Rashford made a stand recently for kids of any colour.  I suppose I'm one of the socialist committee :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lewis Hamilton has rose right to the top of what is arguably the most elitist sport in the world to even get a foot in the door into, even at the low level of it. The colour of his skin wasn't a barrier for him.

 

As Roy Castle used to say...dedication's what you need.

Edited by covfeffe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Lewis Hamilton has rose right to the top of what is arguably the most elitist sport in the world to even get a foot in the door into, even at the low level of it. The colour of his skin wasn't a barrier for him.

 

As Roy Castle used to say...dedication's what you need.

Really? Hamilton doesn't agree with you. Quelle surprise!https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/11917637/lewis-hamilton-racism-britain/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

The irony of all this Colston statue thread, which is riddled with the usual mutterings of the SF socialist committee, is that despite his enslaving of thousands of black people he has probably contributed far more to society in general than all them and more of them besides put together, what our resident socialists always fail to acknowledge is that without wealthy 'philanthropists', good or bad, both past and present, there is usually little offered either constructively or monetarily by your average socialist commentator, rather they are traditionally poised waiting for or wanting handouts from the wealthy .... ironic eh !

I can't wait to see if the likes of Lewis Hamilton, Anthony Joshua and Raheem Stirling etc start putting their money where their mouths are, because as the old saying goes 'talk is cheap'.

That did kind of help him become a philanthropist. He only gave to cap doffers and forelock tuggers though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Some racist fans gave him abuse. Formula 1 itself didn't stop him going right to the top.

His immense talent and determination to succeed got him to the top, despite the racism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose once all the statues have been toppled and thrown into the river, the next things on the BLM blacklist will be the portraits and paintings of any historical figures who had connections to the slave trade. Off they'll march, their clenched fists held high in the air, singing, "Onward BLM soldiers," to the art galleries and museums, pausing only to break the shop windows of any shopkeepers giving them disapproving looks and throw bottles and rocks at any police officers not taking the knee as they pass. Once there, they'll remove all the offending pictures and replace them with pictures of their poster boy, Saint George Floyd.

After that, these virtuous crusaders will invade all the libraries and bookshops to remove novels by well known racists like Enid Blyton, Mark Twain and of course Rudyard Kipling from the shelves. Shakespeare's plays will have to go on the bonfire because of the line from 'Othello': "If virtue no delighted beauty lack/Your son in law is far more fair than black." Apparently, Charles Dickens once wrote something that wasn't politically correct so it's out with his novels and they may discover that Jane Austen once had a friend who knew someone who knew someone who knew someone with connections with the slave trade.

Then it'll be on to the record shops and radio stations to purge them of any songs with titles or content deemed offensive to black people, so we'll no longer hear songs like 'Brown Sugar', 'Paint it Black' and 'Beast of Burden' (sounds like slavery to me) by the Stones, 'Black is Black', 'Black Night', 'Back to Black' and 'Sorrow' which includes the offensive line: "With your long blonde hair and your eyes of blue."

By then, the only thing left to purge will be all the white people because of their unconscious racism and offensive skin colour so it'll be into the river and out to sea for us. If you can't swim, now's the time to learn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doubt any of the above will happen. 

 

Feel free to practice your breaststroke etc though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.