Edward Colston Statue Replaced By Protest Figure

6 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Was anybody physically harmed or injured during the removal of the statue?

An act does not require physical harm to be a crime.

32 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Racism and sexism in a single  sentence?  Definitely a future Prime Minister there.

But you are not Prime Ministerial ,far from it 

11 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Was anybody physically harmed or injured during the removal of the statue?

I do not know you will need to research that.

19 minutes ago, Caswall said:

I come late to this thread and have not read every page, but like many right-minded people I am appalled by the jury's decision.

The defendants were a mob of criminals.  Their defense that they were responding to prevent a crime in the form of an offensive public display is utterly ridiculous.  

There are things in life and about us in the streets that we all, in one way or another, disapprove of, dislike or even find offensive - that does not mean we should be excused if we act like animals and cannot justify the willfully destruction of historic monuments.

Not according to the courts they aren't. The judge and the jury were present and heard all the evidence, and I'm satisfied by that.

Edited by Mister M

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Not according to the courts they aren't. The judge and the jury were present and heard all the evidence, and I'm satisfied by that.

On that basis, should we never have appeals courts? 

Should anybody ever convicted of a crime remain convicted irrespective of the strength of the case to offer them re-trial?

1 hour ago, The Joker said:

yeah, I know, right?   Damn lefties, sticking up for other peoples' human rights, it makes me sick.

Anyway, do you think them white cops what killed George Floyd should have streets named after them too?  Or should we wait until they're responsible for killing  thousands, like Colston was?

im still not sure what they were protesting about

Were they telling us all that kneeling on someone's neck is bad or that the USA police are terrible and that UK citizens should be worried?

30 minutes ago, Caswall said:

On that basis, should we never have appeals courts? 

Should anybody ever convicted of a crime remain convicted irrespective of the strength of the case to offer them re-trial?

No of course not.

Appeals courts are for genuine miscarriages of justice, not for a mob of malcontents to air their grievances about modern life. 

5 hours ago, hackey lad said:

A lady blm activist said on tv last night it was supposed to be a march to remember George Floyd. That’s forgot now , it’s all about the statue 

George Floyd. Ah yes, the career criminal drug addict who robbed a pregnant women at gunpoint and held a gun to her stomach. 

Boo hoo. 

31 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

George Floyd. Ah yes, the career criminal drug addict who robbed a pregnant women at gunpoint and held a gun to her stomach. 

Boo hoo. 

And there you were the other day saying how awful I was for wishing a Nazi dead.

24 minutes ago, Delbow said:

And there you were the other day saying how awful I was for wishing a Nazi dead.

Wishing somone dead and not caring if a career criminal who held a gun to a pregnant women's stomach whilst robbing her is dead are hardly the same thing. 

One is already dead (can't change that ) and the other is not 👍

Do you think Floyd was a good man? 

An outstanding citizen?? 

A hero??? 

No, of course not. No sane person would think that would they. 

2 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

Mister Gee's SF harassment and bullying continues

Great place isnt it 🙄

The downside of light touch moderating. Sadly there will always be those who abuse it. 

6 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Wishing somone dead and not caring if a career criminal who held a gun to a pregnant women's stomach whilst robbing her is dead are hardly the same thing. 

One is already dead (can't change that ) and the other is not 👍

Do you think Floyd was a good man? 

An outstanding citizen?? 

A hero??? 

No, of course not. No sane person would think that would they. 

The downside of light touch moderating. Sadly there will always be those who abuse it. 

It seems the right wing barmpots on here are in a knicker twist.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

It seems the right wing barmpots on here are in a knicker twist.

Are they? 

Oh well, I suppose they are allowed their views too.