Edward Colston Statue Replaced By Protest Figure

BLM are a divisive oganisation. Broad brushing all white people as racist, saying the western world and all its structures and institutions is racist is completely wrong, and having  violent mass riots causing criminal damage to make the point is completely unacceptable, and to have public figures in the media and also people on this very forum basically condoning it is also totally unacceptable.

Edited by covfeffe

34 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

BLM are a divisive oganisation. Broad brushing all white people as racist, saying the western world and all its structures and institutions is racist is completely wrong, and having  violent mass riots causing criminal damage to make the point is completely unacceptable, and to have public figures in the media and also people on this very forum basically condoning it is also totally unacceptable.

Just because you don’t like the narrative, doesn’t necessarily make it a false one.

If you want to see criminal damage on a worldwide scale, just have a look in some history books, or take a trip to the British Museum. There’s an inappropriately named place, if ever there was one.

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Just because you don’t like the narrative, doesn’t necessarily make it a false one.

If you want to see criminal damage on a worldwide scale, just have a look in some history books, or take a trip to the British Museum. There’s an inappropriately named place, if ever there was one.

So tell me, what do you want ME to do about it? lets get down to the nitty gritty now. What, in practical terms do you want me to do about historic mistreatment of black people by white people?

Edited by covfeffe

3 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

So tell me, what do you want ME to do about it? lets get down to the nitty gritty now. What, in practical terms do you want me to do about historic mistreatment of black people by white people?

Think about it would be a start? Accept it? Empathise?

2 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Just enjoying the argument between you & Pettytom. 

A bit of advice given the subject matter.  I'd avoid using the term 'nitty gritty'.  It just might start a whole new argument? 

You could start by acknowledging that it exists.

Then, you could challenge it, wherever you encounter it.

Any other response depends upon your position in society. That might include employing people fairly, or legislating, or simply using your economic power to pressurise people who don’t want change.

Just now, Baron99 said:

Just enjoying the argument between you & Pettytom. 

A bit of advice given the subject matter.  I'd avoid using the term 'nitty gritty'.  It just might start a whole new argument? 

I purposefully ignored that.😀

Just now, melthebell said:

Think about it would be a start? Accept it? Empathise?

So nothing practical then? 

44 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Pretty much how the white British working class got the vote.

So nothing practical then? 

Plenty of practical ideas in my reply.

However, some thought would be a good idea, especially for those who are unaccustomed to such a thing.

I work along side black people, there are black supervisors at my place of work; a few years back the general manager was black. I see plenty of black people employed all over the place and seemingly doing well. I suspect that in some people, and black people are no exception to this, there is a tendency to want to blame others for their own shortcomings.

Edited by covfeffe

12 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

I work along side black people, there are black supervisors at my place of work; a few years back the general manager was black. I see plenty of black people employed all over the place and seemingly doing well. I suspect that in some people, and black people are no exception to this, there is a tendency to want to blame others for their own shortcomings.

Of course we believe you 😎

2 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Of course we believe you 😎

Where do you think I work, Duke Farm in rural Georgia?