Edward Colston Statue Replaced By Protest Figure

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

not really, like i said, i care whats happening in this country, this thread and the whole arguement was about statues in the uk, feel free to talk about other human exploiters if you like, its ALL wrong

By THEIR OWN ADMISSION (not what I'm inferring, what BLM state themselves, go and look on their official website) what BLM are about is deconstructing  WHITE  western style capitalist democracy and the WHITE patriarchal traditional family structure 

(because, you know, only white westerners have the traditional family structure don't they?🙄) . And I suppose highlighting the historic Arab  slave trade of black people won't really do anything towards that.

Edited by covfeffe

10 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

By THEIR OWN ADMISSION (not what I'm inferring, what BLM state themselves, go and look on their official website) what BLM are about is deconstructing  WHITE  western style capitalist democracy and the WHITE patriarchal traditional family structure 

(because, you know, only white westerners have the traditional family structure don't they?🙄) . And I suppose highlighting the historic Arab  slave trade of black people won't really do anything towards that.

The closest i can find...on their official page is the following

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

so youre fibbing again, and its just after talk about families, LGBT part of their mission statement, hence being about family structure

6 minutes ago, melthebell said:

The closest i can find...on their official page is the following

so youre fibbing again, and its just after talk about families, LGBT part of their mission statement, hence being about family structure

Why am I fibbing? by "western" they mean white, given that the west is predominantly white and so the established structures were established by a white establishment.

If they'd have said "We disrupt the prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." that would have been one thing,  but they just had to prefix it with "western".

Edited by covfeffe

39 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Its not irrelevant though is it? how come only white people are getting a hard time for historic slavery while Arabs seem to be getting a free ride? BLM are not going after Muslims.

Of course it’s irrelevant.

10 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Why am I fibbing? by "western" they mean white, given that the west is predominantly white and so the established structures were established by a white establishment.

If they'd have said "We disrupt the prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable." that would have been one thing,  but they just had to prefix it with "western".

but yet youve already said...muslims live both here and the US which is the west? youre twisting and turning in your stupidity just for the sake of arguing :rolleyes:

Just now, melthebell said:

but yet youve already said...muslims live both here and the US which is the west? youre twisting and turning in your stupidity just for the sake of arguing :rolleyes:

Do you feel personally guilty about slavery hundreds of years ago? are you getting down on one knee and grovelling in front of some black people? and if not, why not?

8 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Do you feel personally guilty about slavery hundreds of years ago? are you getting down on one knee and grovelling in front of some black people? and if not, why not?

Im uncomfortable about my history yes, i feel empathy with my fella human yes, i dont bang the drum and wave the flag wildly about my country of birth, its an accident of birth not a choice. I also believe its more patriotic to point out failures and wrongs rather than just going along blindly and in certain cases deliberately aggravating things through blind petty patriotism and nationalism.

4 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Im uncomfortable about my history yes, i feel empathy with my fella human yes, i dont bang the drum and wave the flag wildly about my country of birth, its an accident of birth not a choice. I also believe its more patriotic to point out failures and wrongs rather than just going along blindly and in certain cases deliberately aggravating things through blind petty patriotism and nationalism.

Riiiiiight...so the good things this country did in the past, particularly the relatively recent past such as WW2, is nothing for you to feel proud of because it's nothing to do with you, but slavery hundreds of years ago, also nothing to do with you, is something you feel linked to and ashamed of?

Edited by covfeffe

3 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Riiiiiight...so the good things this country did in the past, particularly the relatively recent past such as WW2, is nothing for you to feel proud of because it's nothing to do with you, but slavery hundreds of years ago, also nothing to do with you, is something you feel linked to and ashamed of?

where did i say that? our army, and armies did a job, stopped Nazism from expanding, just like other forms of abuse and exploitation im happy it was stopped. But i dont have to be jingoistic about it. funnily enough i find your racist views just as horrible, and looks like you never learnt anything from the past world wars.

At the end of the day i dont see it as a race war i see it as a class war, all the worlds problems were started by the rich, wars were started by the rich, slavery was started by people that could afford them (whether they were western or eastern), the devastation of the environment and the pollution and deforestation are done by those with the money too. 

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

funnily enough i find your racist views just as horrible,

What racist views? you're going to have to back that one up.

58 minutes ago, melthebell said:

personally, i live in England, im english, i care about what happens, has happened with the history of my country, ENGLAND, which involves Colston and Bristol. If you wanna try subverting the thread talking about the Romans, Portugese, whoever, feel free.

Hundreds of thousands of English, Welsh and Scots were taken as slaves by the Vikings and Romans and various other invaders. This is why Romans get mentioned, and it is the history of our country.

1 minute ago, covfeffe said:

What racist views? you're going to have to back that one up.

its there for all to see, you follow the usual pattern, have a good evening ;)