Edward Colston Statue Replaced By Protest Figure

7 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Would you say on average blacks are lazier than whites?

very possibly, some are! some are not, both have the same options to make a life for themselves, i have seen some very feckless whites as well as blacks.

1 hour ago, casualbystander said:

very possibly, some are! some are not, both have the same options to make a life for themselves, i have seen some very feckless whites as well as blacks.

Exactly, it depends on the person, not the colour or race

7 hours ago, despritdan said:

You've touched on an uncomfortable truth there which is that it was the Portuguese in the 16th century who were the first to engage in the Atlantic slave trade, buying the slaves from African leaders, so they were the ones who were rounding up their fellow Africans. Britain's role was mainly transporting the slaves to various colonies around the world. The Spanish, French, Dutch and Danish were also slave traders so it wasn't just the British.

Something else that gets conveniently ignored is the activities of the Barbary Pirates who were based in North Africa and raided European coastal towns as far north as Iceland from the 16th century. It's been whitewashed from history because it was black people enslaving white people and doesn't fit the narrative of white people always being the oppressors and black people always being the victims.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_pirates#:~:text=The Barbary pirates%2C sometimes called Barbary corsairs or,derived from the name of its Berber inhabitants.

Just as well Denmark didn't jump of a cliff or we would have done as well.

The Barbary pirates thing gets trotted out every time black people have temerity to ask for equality or slavery is mentioned. I know more about that then Britain's role in it!

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

Just as well Denmark didn't jump of a cliff or we would have done as well.

The Barbary pirates thing gets trotted out every time black people have temerity to ask for equality or slavery is mentioned. I know more about that then Britain's role in it!

dont forget the Romans and the egyptians, even the french used slaves before the revolution?

2 hours ago, casualbystander said:

dont forget the Romans and the egyptians, even the french used slaves before the revolution?

I don't know what your point is. 

7 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I don't know what your point is. 

usual whataboutisms

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

usual whataboutisms

Its not irrelevant though is it? how come only white people are getting a hard time for historic slavery while Arabs seem to be getting a free ride? BLM are not going after Muslims.

Edited by covfeffe

2 minutes ago, covfeffe said:

Its not irrelevant though is it? how come only white people are getting a hard time for historic slavery while Arabs seem to be getting a free ride? BLM are not going after Muslims.

personally, i live in England, im english, i care about what happens, has happened with the history of my country, ENGLAND, which involves Colston and Bristol. If you wanna try subverting the thread talking about the Romans, Portugese, whoever, feel free.

5 minutes ago, melthebell said:

personally, i live in England, im english, i care about what happens, has happened with the history of my country, ENGLAND, which involves Colston and Bristol. If you wanna try subverting the thread talking about the Romans, Portugese, whoever, feel free.

In case you've not noticed, there are Muslims living in Britain Mel. And the US. The unavoidable fact is, is that Muslims have a history of enslaving black people, and they did it for longer too, but you won't here anything about it from BLM. 

Edited by covfeffe

1 minute ago, covfeffe said:

In case you've not noticed, there are Muslims living in Britain Mel. And the US.

LOL...and did they help shape the country with the proceeds of slavery? do they have statues erected in English cities?

Just now, melthebell said:

LOL...and did they help shape the country with the proceeds of slavery? do they have statues erected in English cities?

So they're off the hook because they don't have statues in the UK?

Just now, covfeffe said:

So they're off the hook because they don't have statues in the UK?

not really, like i said, i care whats happening in this country, this thread and the whole arguement was about statues in the uk, feel free to talk about other human exploiters if you like, its ALL wrong