Edward Colston Statue Replaced By Protest Figure

2 minutes ago, retep said:

Looks like it's down with  the Liver Birds then.

Why?

I'm glad it's been taken down but at least it's served a useful purpose, which is to show what the BLM movement is actually all about. It's got nothing to do with racial equality or having a level playing field for everybody, it's about Black Power and Black Supremacy  and all the virtue signalling white people who support it are their own worst enemies. 

1 minute ago, despritdan said:

I'm glad it's been taken down but at least it's served a useful purpose, which is to show what the BLM movement is actually all about. It's got nothing to do with racial equality or having a level playing field for everybody, it's about Black Power and Black Supremacy  and all the virtue signalling white people who support it are their own worst enemies. 

I think we’ve got a winner for the daftest post on here and there’s been some stiff competition.

26 minutes ago, despritdan said:

Tell us all about this black supremacy then.

I’ve got all day. Don’t hold back on the details 

3 hours ago, Lex Luthor said:

Get rid of them leering over black people on their way to work every day and put them in museums - the only decent place for them.

really??stone statues leering over black people????? my goodness that must be a sight to see😲

2 hours ago, retep said:

As Bristol was willing to take Colston's money that he made from the slave trade should we get rid of Bristol?

he also did a lot of good for the poor in Bristol and i am guessing that included the blacks when slavery ended??

Edited by casualbystander

40 minutes ago, retep said:

Looks like it's down with  the Liver Birds then.

Known white nationalists

Nerys Hudges was pro repatriation ,If I recall  correctly

2 hours ago, casualbystander said:

really??stone statues leering over black people????? my goodness that must be a sight to see😲

he also did a lot of good for the poor in Bristol and i am guessing that included the blacks when slavery ended??

And Hitler was vegetarian by all accounts, so not 'that' bad, :rolleyes:

Edited by melthebell

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

And Hitler was vegetarian by all accounts, so not 'that' bad, :rolleyes:

blimey plenty of straws being clutched there, is that the best you can come up with?

3 hours ago, despritdan said:

What a load of piffle.

3 hours ago, sheffbag said:

The statue is called A Surge Of Power.

Jen Reid said herself that she was making the Black Power salute when she was originally on the plinth. Not a raised fist as a symbol of "solidarity and activism". She then went and was photographed over 200 times making the black power salute in order for the statue to be created.

You might not see it as an advocate of black power, but considering the title and the self confessed reasoning behind the positioning of the subject then to me it is. 

Is the notion of black people having power distressing to you?

4 hours ago, casualbystander said:

He died in 1721, when was slavery ended?

19 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

He died in 1721, when was slavery ended?

His statue didn't go up until 1895.

1 hour ago, Halibut said:

What a load of piffle.

Is the notion of black people having power distressing to you?

YES i think someone had that spot on in the late 50s!!!