Parents Sticking Up For Yobs!!!

It like your said we got mind of our own and at 15 should take responability and yes parents do carry can but what annoys me is when we getting blame for kids commiting a crime:thumbsup:

i'm not following minnime, you don't want to be blamed for the behaviour of your children?

Ultimately bad parenting gives rise to badly behaved children, and they sometimes grow up into badly behaved adults as well.

At some point though the child has to take responsibility for it's own actions, but that doesn't alter the fact that who they are and how they behave is largly shaped by how they are brought up.

It like your said we got mind of our own and at 15 should take responability and yes parents do carry can but what annoys me is when we getting blame for kids commiting a crime:thumbsup:

If we are responsible for our kids - and surely we should be - then we are responsible for their action as well.

We are willing to accept praise when they do well, so we should be willing to accept 'stick' when they do bad.

saxon 51. My total admiration to you and your wife. I bet your lads love and respect you and that they are a credit to society

Thanks Sweetcheeks. They're a credit to their species ..... whatever that is.;)

as a parent i feel its my responsibility to raise my child to be responsible for his actions. at the moment he is two so from now until he is 16 or so i'm responsible for him.

i don't want to be held responsible for him commiting crime or being a pain so it's my responsibility to make sure he knows whats acceptable. this means i'll have to set rules and boundaries and tell him no sometimes and punish him when he does wrong and listen to him and spend time with him and make sure i provide an example for him to follow. this is called parenting and for those of you who haven't done its extremely difficult.

thats not to say that because its difficult its something to be avoided, far from it, i embrace the challenge its by far the hardest yet most rewarding thing i've ever done. it stretches me in everyway possible and is an incredible experience.

all this brings me in a roundabout way back to the point! the reason there are lots of bad kids is because there are lots of bad parents. there are lots of lazy parents, apathetic and selfish parents. you can't blame kids for being kids but you can blame parents for not teaching them better

as a parent i feel its my responsibility to raise my child to be responsible for his actions. at the moment he is two so from now until he is 16 or so i'm responsible for him.

i don't want to be held responsible for him commiting crime or being a pain so it's my responsibility to make sure he knows whats acceptable. this means i'll have to set rules and boundaries and tell him no sometimes and punish him when he does wrong and listen to him and spend time with him and make sure i provide an example for him to follow. this is called parenting and for those of you who haven't done its extremely difficult.

thats not to say that because its difficult its something to be avoided, far from it, i embrace the challenge its by far the hardest yet most rewarding thing i've ever done. it stretches me in everyway possible and is an incredible experience.

all this brings me in a roundabout way back to the point! the reason there are lots of bad kids is because there are lots of bad parents. there are lots of lazy parents, apathetic and selfish parents. you can't blame kids for being kids but you can blame parents for not teaching them better

*applause*

Couldn't have put it better myself. Too often at work when we have had to remove a group of kids from a screen due to them causing a disturbance, will we get the parent of one of them coming down (usually the mother) and saying that their child "Wouldn't do anything wrong!" and "We kicked out the wrong people!" (even when multiple witnesses all know it was those kids, and the kids gave us abuse when we asked them to be quiet), and they usually follow with "It's a good job his father didn't come down cos he'd f**king knock you out!" This, to me, shows the exact mentality of these 'couldn't give a toss' parents. Scum begets scum, etc etc.

Now that said we do occasionally get parents coming down after we kick kids out apologising for their behaviour, and saying that it is so unlike them. This is rare, however, yet pleases me when I encounter it as it shows a parent who is concerned by how the child is acting when away from them.

As a parent myself, if my son/daughter ever came home and moaned that they were chucked out of somewhere, my first reaction will be "What did you do?" and when they say "nothing" I will phone the place to enquire what the full story is, not storm down to threaten the staff there.

In the past I have lived on a scumbag estate where the kids loved to throw bricks at me as i walked by. Their parents would stand nearby and not care at all. What terrible crime did I do to deserve such abuse on a regular basis? I have no idea, aside from having a job which required wearing a suit. This all began, also, around the time I lost my daughter...such a caring place. The fact that the parents didn't even bat an eyelid at their kids actions was absolutely shocking.

Some people don't deserve to have kids!

in law we don't hold people criminally responsible for their actions until about the age of 15, before that they aren't really capable of fully understanding the implications of some actions. Thus since they aren't adults and are not legally responsible for themselves, it must be their parents who carry the can since they carry the responsibility for everything else in their childs life.

Kids are deemed able to be held criminally responsible from the age of 10 in this country. This is unless it is proved to the court that the child does not know the difference of right from wrong (seldom happens in my experience).

'Between the ages of 10 and 14 you can be convicted of a criminal offence if the prosecution can show you were aware that what you were doing was seriously wrong.

After the age of 14 the law considers you are fully responsible for your actions in the same way as an adult. As such you will be treated as an adult in a court of law in terms of criminal responsibility (although not in terms of sentencing).'

CM x

Kids are deemed able to be held criminally responsible from the age of 10 in this country. This is unless it is proved to the court that the child does not know the difference of right from wrong (seldom happens in my experience).

'Between the ages of 10 and 14 you can be convicted of a criminal offence if the prosecution can show you were aware that what you were doing was seriously wrong.

After the age of 14 the law considers you are fully responsible for your actions in the same way as an adult. As such you will be treated as an adult in a court of law in terms of criminal responsibility (although not in terms of sentencing).'

CM x

whatever, the point is parents need to be responsible

Nice story in the paper today where a guys seen two kids about 10 fighting, and one of them had a 10" knife. He's stepped in got the kid and the knife, taken him inside a shop, and called the police. The mothers turned up and started abusing him, telling him she Knew he had the knife and he was ok to carry it.

Glad to say the guy held out until the coppers came.

Nice story in the paper today where a guys seen two kids about 10 fighting, and one of them had a 10" knife. He's stepped in got the kid and the knife, taken him inside a shop, and called the police. The mothers turned up and started abusing him, telling him she new he had the knife and he was ok to carry it.

Glad to say the guy held out until the coppers came.

Didn't it also say they couldn't take any action against the kid due to his age? Perhaps the mother could face some punishment in this case for giving a kid of this age her blessing for carrying a dangerous weapon! She needs some real training in parenting skills. :huh:

Didn't it also say they couldn't take any action against the kid due to his age? Perhaps the mother could face some punishment in this case for giving a kid of this age her blessing for carrying a dangerous weapon! She needs some real training in parenting skills. :huh:
definitely. you need a license for a tv but anyone can have a kid, wheres the sense in that?