Parents Sticking Up For Yobs!!!

am i going mad ?reading alot of threads on the forum the amount of parents who seem to be sticking up for troublesome youths dont blame us ! they bored !it wasnt them !does it drive you mad i bet they all sat on a**** boozing and fagging it while kids are out harrasing decent folk !!!!!!! what does it take them to realise no child is innocent or a angel and it is the parents job to keep them in line and guide them in the right direction

i agree there is alot of that on here but also not every child is a thug i never stick up for my child i always get both sides of the story and 9 out of 10 you can bet it some adult who started swearing abusing the youths around here that sets them off.so in a way yes i stick up for my child but in the right sense does not mean i sit on my arse drinking and smoking.could you explain why a parent of a child who is a bit of a rogue is classed in that way it amuses my mind

i agree there is alot of that on here but also not every child is a thug i never stick up for my child i always get both sides of the story and 9 out of 10 you can bet it some adult who started swearing abusing the youths around here that sets them off.so in a way yes i stick up for my child but in the right sense does not mean i sit on my arse drinking and smoking.could you explain why a parent of a child who is a bit of a rogue is classed in that way it amuses my mind

but why would a adult need to use language like you say?of course your children wouldnt be doing anything wrong would they ?it everyone elses fault school adults neighbours police anyone but yourself as a parent

I agree, parents need to take responsability for their own.

In my view, if a youth breaks the law - parent to blame as much as the kid.

however TBH i haven't really seen the problem on here

oh yes we have had it over nuisance youths,graffitti,schools,and all the little angels dont do a thing wrong they picked on and the parents cant watch them 24/7 it really gets my back up

oh yes we have had it over nuisance youths,graffitti,schools,and all the little angels dont do a thing wrong they picked on and the parents cant watch them 24/7 it really gets my back up

here here !!!! a few week ago i mentioned youths trashing garages near my familys all i got was abuse and that they was bored and the kids are still at it to this day ring the cops and your in danger of the parents and your windows or car been damaged so to me the parents condone the behavoir and allow it to continue the discipline been just put windows through wont grass on you again.

Boy, have you missed some entertainment! :roll:

What is very striking is how so often when you encounter a parent of such a child, you can see exactly where they got it from. And everyone around can see it too, yet the parent is locked in rigid martyrdom and denial. There's a lot of talk about re-educating problem parents, and for some they may be genuinely relieved to be helped, but the hardcore cases are impossible to get through to. I'm almost nervous to say anything more, as I don't have my crash helmet on! :hihi:

Boy, have you missed some entertainment! :roll:

What is very striking is how so often when you encounter a parent of such a child, you can see exactly where they got it from. And everyone around can see it too, yet the parent is locked in rigid martyrdom and denial. There's a lot of talk about re-educating problem parents, and for some they may be genuinely relieved to be helped, but the hardcore cases are impossible to get through to. I'm almost nervous to say anything more, as I don't have my crash helmet on! :hihi:

i got my suit of armour on it is crazy though isnt it i managed to stop my child going the wrong way and away from the gang it was really hard and i felt i was betraying him but as a parent i felt it was my place to show him what is right and wrong i handed him to the police for stealing a pound from me i sat in school with him and in the end it worked now he is at college doing great so it can be done if the parent can be bothered

A lot of parents do not care about there kids and that is why you sometimes see 2-3 year olds walking the streets at 7-8pm its awful and parents like that have no right having them when there are people out there desperate to have kids and to look after and treasure them.

It's a viscious circle. Parents don't teach kids responsibility and respect, kids grow into adults not knowing about responsibility and respect, so their kids don't learn about it etc etc. That may be why the parents don't criticise the kids, they aren't aware that the kids have done anything wrong because the parents did exactly the same. So what's the answer, you'll not re-educate those that don't want to be educated, you can't change attitudes that have been instilled since childhood.

I suggest a cull.

I often stick up for kids on SF because I'm sick of them getting such bad press when few people seem prepared to do something constructive to help the situation.

I'm not a parent, just someone who likes kids and thinks there are better things to do than slap ASBOs on all and sundry.

CM x