Paypal Scam.

You've changed your Paypal password right?  because it sounds like your account was compromised and they've setup the payment without your knowledge.

Also you have logged onto Paypal and cancelled the regular payments right?? because they will keep happening!

If you're not happy with Paypal's handling of your case then make a report to the financial ombudsman.  Be sure to make the point that you raised these transactions as fraudulent but Paypal did nothing about them, blaming you instead.

Any 'PayPal' email that doesn't address you by name should be forwarded to spoof@paypal.com and then deleted. Don't click on any links. I must have had 8 or 9 over the years including one last week.

A number of contributors suggest the use of a credit card (or pre-pay card) solely dedicated to PayPal.  This is a great idea, but PayPal only allow this until you have made a certain number of purchases (not sure how many, as i reached that limit a long time ago) - then you are pressed for a real bank account if you want to still use them.

Thank you for all your comments and advice. Can't cope with all this! Yes I've changed my passwords, cancelled cards etc. Think I'll probably close my PayPal account down. One less way for people to scam......

Edited by chocki