Pubs and Restaurants That Have Re-Opened After Lockdown

nikki-red

This is an information thread. It is NOT to become another discussion about Covid-19.

Thank you.

Message added by nikki-red

what pubs are open in and around kelham island ?  Has anybody been yet was it busy.

16 hours ago, glynnbob said:

what pubs are open in and around kelham island ?  Has anybody been yet was it busy.

Went in Kelham Island Tav last Thursday. Sat outside and there was plenty of room. Table service and beer menus on tables.

Went in The Crow afterwards and sat outside there as well, again no crowd and table service, although you still order at the bar.

Has anyone been drinking in the city centre since it was allowed again, how did you go about booking etc?

On 11/07/2020 at 21:27, BasilRathbon said:

Sheffield Tap on the station has reopened with reduced indoor seating but extra outdoor tables and is table service only so no more queueing at the bar, which i actually prefer.  Still a good range of beers though and wonderful to be able to enjoy a proper pint of Jaipur again after all this time!

Jaipur?

You can get that in loads of places nowadays.   Most of the Thornbridge pubs are open as far as I know. 

The Tap is a good place for trying something a bit different.  

Edited by DerbyTup

On 21/07/2020 at 22:23, Brooker11 said:

Has anyone been drinking in the city centre since it was allowed again, how did you go about booking etc?

I went to the common room on wednsday, you can just walk in but to guarantee entry you need to book. all table service.

9 hours ago, scottf said:

I went to the common room on wednsday, you can just walk in but to guarantee entry you need to book. all table service.

Thanks, I'm planning for a Saturday in a few weeks, I might book a few and leave the rest to chance.

Went to The Hallamshire House yesterday early doors. Markers on the floor to show a one way system, table service, card only and bookings available.

To be honest, why would anybody ever want to queue at a bar ever again?

Broomhill last week was very disappointing. Fox & Duck, Nottingham House, Place and York all still shut. The Itchy Pig micropub was open but when I walked in they told me they were full and refused to serve me, even though there seemed to be plenty of space. Gave up and went to Crookes instead.

Nice afternoon in The Blake yesterday. Tables spread apart, bar service, no bar stools. Perfect.

Went to riverside sunday well organised table service one way system. 

went to stew and oyster  too much messing with apps could only order doubles as   "alot of messing about to change to singles"  could not pay on card had to download app won't be going back.  left and went to kelham kitchen well organised table service