The Conservative Party - Part Two.

The problem with this is that bobbar doesn't seem to stick to Johnson, especially if it's thrown by someone with dodgy eyesight.

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So Cummings is now the saviour , its not long ago that he was  the devil . Many people on here said before that he was a liar and untrustworthy  but now choose to believe him .

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I find it quite laughable that a bloke that you were all castigating last year, Cummings, calling him a charlatan & a liar, me included, or his Barnard Castle shenanigans, are now all running to his defence & believing every word that's coming out of his mouth because it now suits an agenda against Johnson.  Its like a suppport group has been set up on his behalf. 

At least I'm consistent in my condemnation of him. 

On the other hand, think what's going on.  Many of the Left rushing to support a bloke who was basically the architect of getting Brexit through & getting the Tories an 80 seat majority & seeing off another Labour leader. 

Well done Agent Cummings but your services are no longer required. 

Is about taking sides between 2 notorious liars? 

Maybe the search for the truth is more important

5 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I find it quite laughable that a bloke that you were all castigating last year, Cummings, calling him a charlatan & a liar, me included, or his Barnard Castle shenanigans, are now all running to his defence & believing every word that's coming out of his mouth because it now suits an agenda against Johnson.  Its like a suppport group has been set up on his behalf. 

On the other hand, think what's going on.  Many of the Left rushing to support a bloke who was basically the architect of getting Brexit through & getting the Tories an 80 seat majority & seeing off another Labour leader. 

And yet all though you expect he'd be there for the taking, the Conservatives still have a 14% point lead over Labour. 

What does that say about Starmer?

Maybe the conversation isn't about Starmer, but the willingness of people to believe compulsive liars and their lackeys, and who's telling the truth.

6 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

I was mighty relieved when he went, because he was the brains behind Johnson and to me that made him dangerous. It's like the difference between thick-as-mince Priti Patel and smart-and-therefore-dangerous Dominic Raabies. Smart people, if their views are opposed to your own, are dangerous because they have a coherent set of ideas and principles that they are trying to implement, which gives them a form of integrity. Johnson on the other hand is just in it for himself.

Guest sibon
14 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And yet all though you expect he'd be there for the taking, the Conservatives still have a 14% point lead over Labour. 

What does that say about Starmer?

I think many of Johnson’s cabinet would  be better keeping an eye on the police, rather than the opinion polls

53 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Is about taking sides between 2 notorious liars? 

Maybe the search for the truth is more important

Maybe the conversation isn't about Starmer, but the willingness of people to believe compulsive liars and their lackeys, and who's telling the truth.

So who is telling the truth , Dominic or Boris ?

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

So who is telling the truth , Dominic or Boris ?

Honestly, who knows. They both lie. Alot.

I'm leaning towards Cummings because he's at least prepared to back it up. Really you need to ignore both and look at evidence, but I know that isn't fashionable anymore.

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Honestly, who knows. They both lie. Alot.

I'm leaning towards Cummings because he's at least prepared to back it up. Really you need to ignore both and look at evidence, but I know that isn't fashionable anymore.

I can ignore both . Just looking at the hypocrisy on here .

Just now, hackey lad said:

I can ignore both . Just looking at the hypocrisy on here .

Are you not a fan of Johnson or Cummings, Hacks?

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Are you not a fan of Johnson or Cummings, Hacks?

He doffs his cap and tugs his forelock either way.

5 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

He doffs his cap and tugs his forelock either way.

But not to you . Know your place .

Guest sibon
9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not a fan of anyone . Care to explain your hypocrisy ?

There’s no hypocrisy. 

Johnson is a liar.

Cummings is a liar.

In this case, Cummings is offering evidence. Mobile phone records etc. It is time that someone took a long hard look at his phone, and Johnson’s.

Then we might get somewhere.

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not a fan of anyone . Care to explain your hypocrisy ?

What hypocrisy? That I voted Labour, therefore I'm not allowed to criticise any government Ministers being underhand and caught out being sleazy? If you look back at the Labour Party thread I was critical of certain Labour ministers sleazy dealings. Mind you a lot of that  that tended to happen when they had been in power for over 10 years. Over this Cameron lobbying scandal Johnson likes to claim he's a 'a new broom to sweep away' all the dirt that went before, and the government he's the head of is year zero.

Surely that's not your defense is it?

Edited by Mister M