The Conservative Party - Part Two.

18 hours ago, makapaka said:

The tories are a disgrace.

I think you have to have some serious misconceptions about what is right and wrong to put a cross in the box for that party.

I think the problem is that they don't care about right or wrong, it's all about self-interest and hating certain groups of people. I don't think a Tory ever asks themselves "If I gain x does that mean someone else loses x?" All they care about is their own gain, they'd kick children out of the way as they ran for the lifeboats.

7 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I think the problem is that they don't care about right or wrong, it's all about self-interest and hating certain groups of people. I don't think a Tory ever asks themselves "If I gain x does that mean someone else loses x?" All they care about is their own gain, they'd kick children out of the way as they ran for the lifeboats.

They’ll never change, it’s the way they’re wired up.

Edited by Mister Gee

4 hours ago, Delbow said:

When you think of how Thatcher waged a vicious war against the Unions and crushed them into the dust.... 

So where is the corresponding Labour vigour to stop this blatant Tory spivvery, lies and corruption infecting politics?  

The whole political system is rigged by the Tories to benefit the Tories.

Edited by Anna B

Yes where were Labour ? And how did these evil people get voted into power ? 

17 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Yes where were Labour ? And how did these evil people get voted into power ? 

People are stupid, people are selfish (god forbid somebody gets help) and people racist and boris got brexit done and we can send the foreigners home. People are easily led and easily influenced and scared into thinking they're fighting a culture war and all the other stuff isn't important.

They didn't vote to help others, they certainly didn't vote for competency. An almost completely compliant media helps.

But I've been considering this sort of question for a couple of days as it goes.  I dont knkw why people vote conservative. Put it another way, give me some positives on why I should vote conservative. Not "well look at the state of labour" but real, tangible positives.

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

People are stupid, people are selfish (god forbid somebody gets help) and people racist and boris got brexit done and we can send the foreigners home. People are easily led and easily influenced and scared into thinking they're fighting a culture war and all the other stuff isn't important.

They didn't vote to help others, they certainly didn't vote for competency. An almost completely compliant media helps.

But I've been considering this sort of question for a couple of days as it goes.  I dont knkw why people vote conservative. Put it another way, give me some positives on why I should vote conservative. Not "well look at the state of labour" but real, tangible positives.

I did not say look at the state of Labour , I just wondered how the  evil party got into power , time and time again 

12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I did not say look at the state of Labour , I just wondered how the  evil party got into power , time and time again 

For the reasons I have just highlighted. Primarily because people are selfish - it's literally the cornerstone of conservative ideology. 

And FPTP system doesn't help.

Edited by tinfoilhat

16 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

******s like you keep voting for them.

On 15/04/2021 at 22:17, Mister M said:

And there's more....

Matt Hancock Holds Shares In Sister's Firm Who Won NHS Contracts | HuffPost UK (huffingtonpost.co.uk)

I suppose at least they're promoting family values

And health matters, including Wales NHS, issuing of contracts etc, have been devolved to the Welsh Assembly & nothing to do with Westminster. 

The Welsh Assembly has been run by the majority Welsh LABOUR Party since its inception & they are the ones who ultimately agree contracts. 

You might have also missed the news that Matt Hancock declared his interest & has been cleared of any wrongdoing.  Perhaps he somehow put pressure on Welsh majority Labour members?  Now that would be a story. 

Edited by Mister Gee

20 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

******s like you keep voting for them.

Thanks for your helpful and reasoned reply

13 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Thanks for your helpful and reasoned reply

Well, you could respond to this:

20 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Edited by Mister M