The Conservative Party - Part Two.

9 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I agree. 

I also remember the spurious Tory claim repeated ad infinitum that 'Labour caused the financial crash.'

The Tories live by the mantra 'tell a lie often enough and it becomes the truth.' They are of course supported in this by a Tory Establishment and Tory owned press. We really do need someone to hold them to account, and sadly Starmer isn't up to it.

Maybe someone could hold David Everett, labour councellor, to account with these comments made in September?

“As for the […] attention seeking ignoramuses young and old they will Infect each other get the flue and cull themselves. Pity it didn’t happen before the Brexit vote and we would not be leaving the EU. The next disaster which is going to hit us”.

7 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And the Labour Party never makes dubious claims?  - I refer you to Tony Blair's famous WMD claim.

Absolutely. On the back of which he got a second term. Why do people in this country keep rewarding dishonesty?

13 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Absolutely. On the back of which he got a second term. Why do people in this country keep rewarding dishonesty?

I really don't know. But at least Blair didn't get a knighthood, and is now generally recognised as the creep he is. Sadly Starmer is in the same neoliberal mould. We don't have a realistic chance of changing anything much with him in charge either. We actually only have one party now like Russia, we just rearrange the deckchairs on the Titanic once in a while. The Establishment Rules OK.  

Edited by Anna B

Guest sibon
4 hours ago, West 77 said:

Dodgy Dave hasn't broken any rules. It's a different issue whether the rules need changing.  Ex Prime Ministers all get a windfall someway or other from holding  the highest office in the land.  Dodgy Dave was still a youngest man when he left office and still has years left until his official retirement date. Would you prefer to see ex Prime Ministers such as Dodgy Dave working in B&Q and giving advise on sheds?  Personally I don't begrudge Dodgy Dave cashing in on being Prime Minister because he deserves to be well rewarded for giving the UK people the right to choose whether they wanted to remain or leave the EU.  

Three Cheers For Dodgy Dave  !!!   and bring on the Knighthood

This is the face of the new Conservative Party. Quite at home with sleaze, corruption and cronyism. Happy to misappropriate taxpayers’ money to line their own pockets.

Proud of it too, most of them.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

This is the face of the new Conservative Party. Quite at home with sleaze, corruption and cronyism. Happy to misappropriate taxpayers’ money to line their own pockets.

Proud of it too, most of them.

Sounds a bit like 'the other side', too.

Guest sibon
Just now, RollingJ said:

Sounds a bit like 'the other side', too.

It doesn’t. This is entirely about Tories, Tory donors, Tory school friends and general hangers on. They all have their snouts in the trough.

You might be happy with them hoovering up your taxes. I’m not.

It doesn’t. This is entirely about Tories, Tory donors, Tory school friends and general hangers on. They all have their snouts in the trough.

You might be happy with them hoovering up your taxes. I’m not.

Your opinion, to which you are entitled - as I am to mine.

Guest sibon
2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Your opinion, to which you are entitled - as I am to mine.

It’s not an opinion. It is a fact. 

The way that this government have chucked money to their friends is both astounding and a matter of public record.

If you want to defend them giving away my money to their mates, then feel free.

Please don’t insult my intelligence by pretending that it isn’t happening though.

It’s not an opinion. It is a fact. 

The way that this government have chucked money to their friends is both astounding and a matter of public record.

If you want to defend them giving away my money to their mates, then feel free.

Please don’t insult my intelligence by pretending that it isn’t happening though.

OK, have it your way  - I'll just add you to my personal 'ignore list' from now on. IIRC, you used to be a bit of a pain in the rear for me, prior to your 'holiday'.

Guest sibon
Just now, RollingJ said:

OK, have it your way  - I'll just add you to my personal 'ignore list' from now on. IIRC, you used to be a bit of a pain in the rear for me, prior to your 'holiday'.

I’d prefer it if you’d explain why you think it’s ok for the Tories to be so casual with public money.

But if the debate isn’t for you ...

9 hours ago, West 77 said:

Dodgy Dave hasn't broken any rules. It's a different issue whether the rules need changing.  Ex Prime Ministers all get a windfall someway or other from holding  the highest office in the land.  Dodgy Dave was still a youngest man when he left office and still has years left until his official retirement date. Would you prefer to see ex Prime Ministers such as Dodgy Dave working in B&Q and giving advise on sheds?  Personally I don't begrudge Dodgy Dave cashing in on being Prime Minister because he deserves to be well rewarded for giving the UK people the right to choose whether they wanted to remain or leave the EU.  

Three Cheers For Dodgy Dave  !!!   and bring on the Knighthood

If he hadn’t been born with a silver spoon in his gob that’s probably what he’d be doing,  not that there’s anything wrong with working at B&Q.