The Conservative Party - Part Two.

10 hours ago, RollingJ said:

He'd have a  job shooting some of those - unless he somehow brought them back to life first.

I was speaking figuratively. But lets cut the subtlety.......

West 77 would vote for Boris even if he shot someone on Oxford Street. 

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

Asking people to show two pieces of non-photo ID would not necessarily be more secure than showing their poll card. It would be more secure if one piece of ID had to be an official document like a birth certificate, but that would make it less accessible.

Have you bothered to read the actual links?

A quote from the Electoral Commission one under the three key areas for further consideration:

"To make sure voting at polling stations remains accessible, there would need to be other options for people who do not already have an acceptable form of photo ID. This could involve providing free of charge locally issued photo ID, as currently provided for electors in Northern Ireland."

Me bolded.

That is exactly what the Government intend to do as pointed out in my post#1046. It all works well in NI and has had little or no effect on voting there so it show it works.

Evidence from around the world shows that forcing voters to bring photographic ID to the polling station just makes it harder for people to vote – while doing little to increase faith in the integrity of the system. We don’t need to spend millions to put up barriers to people taking part in our democracy.

What evidence? Even the Electoral Commission has stated there is little evidence of any problems, and that second link is just blatant misinformation designed to scare. It's almost mandatory in Europe to have a photo ID and in the UK its estimated that only around 3.5% of voters do not have any form of photo ID.

Edited by apelike

7 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Subtlety? About as subtle as a whack over the head - and how do you know how West77 would vote in that bizarre scenario - I assume, because you would vote for Jeremy Corbyn (or his successor) in that situation?

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

Subtlety? About as subtle as a whack over the head - and how do you know how West77 would vote in that bizarre scenario - I assume, because you would vote for Jeremy Corbyn (or his successor) in that situation?

Bit hard to vote for Jeremy Corbyn as he was succeeded a year ago .

7 hours ago, Longcol said:

Bit hard to vote for Jeremy Corbyn as he was succeeded a year ago .

You blind to the bracketed comment, or just trying to be clever?

Edited by RollingJ

14 hours ago, apelike said:

Have you bothered to read the actual links?

My post was a quote from the link!

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

My post was a quote from the link!

Which bit or bits and what link was it quoted from? You never put any of it as quotes from a link as thats how its usually done. Mine was from the Electoral Commission link but was a quote and stated as such.

In anycase you have not answered the question posed in post #1051 about evidence. I'm talking about evidence from the UK and not what is supposedly worldwide evidence as it is the UK was are talking about.

No British government would have anything to fear from an inquiry, public or otherwise.  The place where Boris and his cronies should be asked why so many people died unnecessarily is in court because if they were the board of a privately owned business, that's where they would be by public demand. They're fond of saying that the top priority of any government is to protect its people so they admit they've failed on that first requirement. As for getting Johnson out and Starmer in well, that's just rearranging the flowers while the house burns down.

21 hours ago, apelike said:

What evidence? Even the Electoral Commission has stated there is little evidence of any problems, and that second link is just blatant misinformation designed to scare. It's almost mandatory in Europe to have a photo ID and in the UK its estimated that only around 3.5% of voters do not have any form of photo ID.

If you click on the link and read what the article says, or watch the video.

https://www.electoral-reform.org.uk/campaigns/upgrading-our-democracy/voter-id/

The point is that voters prove their identity at the polling station by producing their polling card, that is not compulsary at the moment, the authorities obviously dont think that there is a problem with voter fraud.

On 05/04/2021 at 20:50, Flanker7 said:

I wouldn't go that far but I genuinely belive that if Boris shot and sunk an inflatable with immigrants on it in the channel, he'd get an extra 2 or 3 points in the polls. Maybe 5 if they were all young men.

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I wouldn't go that far but I genuinely belive that if Boris shot and sunk an inflatable with immigrants on it in the channel, he'd get an extra 2 or 3 points in the polls. Maybe 5 if they were all young men.

Dunno what you're on @tinfoilhat- but remind me to avoid it at all costs.

35 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Dunno what you're on @tinfoilhat- but remind me to avoid it at all costs.

When ever the Tories do something horrible, they go up in the polls.