The Conservative Party - Part Two.

44 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Maybe they are a bit busy reporting the actual news rather than idle gossip from some tart with an axe to grind selling her "story" to the tabloids.

Outcome of the police investigation -  nothing.

Outcome of the GLA investigation - no rules broken.  The absolute best they could come up with was to murmur it was "unwise" not to mention any  alleged relationship...

That's it. End of so called story.

Just a load of people stirring the pot, which is very coincidentally timed with the start campaigning for local elections.  I do wonder what backroom machinery is churning away in Starmer HQ to drag out this dead horse of a 'scandal'  into circulation again.  

So quick to defend! 

But no, youre right. Let's get to real issues. How many union jacks above SCC is enough? I'm not sure one will do, I think six. You no doubt read - because it was all over the papers - that the BBC report didn't have enough in its report!!! And this criticism  came from the  minister of the department of culture  sport and media - three areas of the economy who have sailed through this pandemic without any restrictions AT ALL. Having cracked all those problems I'm sure flags in a report was all that's left. 

You may also recall a bit of traterous joshing on BBC breakfast resulted in "words" from management.

You may also recall the £2.6m briefing room - Russian company heavily involved there - I'm sure all the British AV and stage building companies were busy.

But no, you're right - £126k for a tumble with an IT lady really is nothing to worry about.

On 29/03/2021 at 15:34, tinfoilhat said:

So quick to defend! 

But no, youre right. Let's get to real issues. How many union jacks above SCC is enough? I'm not sure one will do, I think six. You no doubt read - because it was all over the papers - that the BBC report didn't have enough in its report!!! And this criticism  came from the  minister of the department of culture  sport and media - three areas of the economy who have sailed through this pandemic without any restrictions AT ALL. Having cracked all those problems I'm sure flags in a report was all that's left. 

You may also recall a bit of traterous joshing on BBC breakfast resulted in "words" from management.

You may also recall the £2.6m briefing room - Russian company heavily involved there - I'm sure all the British AV and stage building companies were busy.

But no, you're right - £126k for a tumble with an IT lady really is nothing to worry about.

Have you seen the state of it? Looks like a crematorium.

14 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Have you seen the state of it? Looks like a crematorium.

NOT ENOUGH FLAGS.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I preferred the look of the old Downing Street press room or briefing  room.  It does seem to be a waste of money having a new room but I'm not an expert.  I understand a new position as Press Spokesman or person similar to the job that someone does for the US President has been created. Perhaps a new briefing room was needed to accommodate the new arrangements and to cater for the media. It's only fairly recently that  regular news conferences have been broadcast live from Downing Street.

That's a very good point actually. You are probably right.

Let's face it, up until covid outbreak briefings to the nation from the podium we're a very rare event and usually done outside the front door of number 10.

Now that these things have become almost a daily occurrence and with the added logistics of dealing with with multiple broadcast channels through videoconferencing it would make sense to set up a properly equipped press room.

Whether the room actually justified it's high costs of course is up for debate but given most of us armchair critics have no information or any detail breakdowns were hardly much position to be judging.

I'm sure whilst the papers are doing their usual dramatic headlines to sell their wares, many of the journalists are secretly delighted of having this nice shiny new briefing room to play in. It must make them feel all warm and fuzzy that they get to show off and feel all self-important like the British version of the US press corp. 

2 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

That's a very good point actually. You are probably right.

Let's face it, up until covid outbreak briefings to the nation from the podium we're a very rare event and usually done outside the front door of number 10.

Now that these things have become almost a daily occurrence and with the added logistics of dealing with with multiple broadcast channels through videoconferencing it would make sense to set up a properly equipped press room.

Whether the room actually justified it's high costs of course is up for debate but given most of us armchair critics have no information or any detail breakdowns were hardly much position to be judging.

I'm sure whilst the papers are doing their usual dramatic headlines to sell their wares, many of the journalists are secretly delighted of having this nice shiny new briefing room to play in. It must make them feel all warm and fuzzy that they get to show off and feel all self-important like the British version of the US press corp. 

In a position to judge,  paid way to much for a **** poor offering. 

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

In a position to judge,  paid way to much for a **** poor offering. 

Oh right.  Your evidence please?  

Don't forget to include the detailed breakdown of all the tendering documentation, funding agreement, approved construction and labour costs, detailed list of facilities, technical specifications, IT installations and equipment purchases.

Oh of course you can also provide us with a few comparative examples of similar works and similar installations elsewhere which  demonstrate the identical for much less.

Don't know about you but I like to check the facts before robustly declaring some definitive judgement.

On the other hand, if what you say is just ill informed opinion then its just like mine.  As I said above, we are all nothing more than just armchair critics.

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Don't know about you but I like to check the facts before robustly declaring some definitive judgement.

I wonder if all your pronouncements would meet this criterion

3 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I wonder if all your pronouncements would meet this criterion

Most of mine are opinion - as is 99% of this forum.     When someone directly comes out with a bold statement like they are in a position to "judge" it's very different    

Edited by ECCOnoob

Expressing judgemental opinions would be judging though right?

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

Oh right.  Your evidence please?  

Don't forget to include the detailed breakdown of all the tendering documentation, funding agreement, approved construction and labour costs, detailed list of facilities, technical specifications, IT installations and equipment purchases.

Oh of course you can also provide us with a few comparative examples of similar works and similar installations elsewhere which  demonstrate the identical for much less.

On the other hand, if what you say is just ill informed opinion then its just like mine.  As I said above, we are all nothing more than just armchair critics.

Worked much in that industry have you?

I mean if you have helped kit out conferences and high end conference suites, fair enough our experiences and opinions are the same, and carry the same weight. But unless they've had Barbara Streisand do the painting and were paying her by the hour I'm really struggling  to see where £2.6m went. 

EDIT: Quick Google on other big AV/media type projects. Salford quays is an eye opener and interesting read. Dock 10 cost £22m to fit out and has 12500 sq ft and one of the studios sits on hydraulic jacks. No mention of flags or seating though. 

EDIT EDIT: And lo, a bit of price breakdown. This is almost oversight!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/politics/downing-street-briefing-room-new-number-9-covid-announcement-location-update-today-cost-933865/amp

Edited by tinfoilhat

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Worked much in that industry have you?

I mean if you have helped kit out conferences and high end conference suites, fair enough our experiences and opinions are the same, and carry the same weight. But unless they've had Barbara Streisand do the painting and were paying her by the hour I'm really struggling  to see where £2.6m went. 

EDIT: Quick Google on other big AV/media type projects. Salford quays is an eye opener and interesting read. Dock 10 cost £22m to fit out and has 12500 sq ft and one of the studios sits on hydraulic jacks. No mention of flags or seating though. 

EDIT EDIT: And lo, a bit of price breakdown. This is almost oversight!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/politics/downing-street-briefing-room-new-number-9-covid-announcement-location-update-today-cost-933865/amp

Love the way Raabies implies they can only communicate coherently if they spend £2.6m. The benefits of a private education.

Why were the two speakers flanking Johnson called Downing Street? And why don't they get flags behind them?