Jump to content


The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

this is a great clip, Piers Morgan  literally destroys Nadhim Zahawi over PPE and breaking the law over the contracts.

https://www.lancs.live/whats-on/whats-on-news/piers-morgan-lays-vaccines-minister-19886167

Similarly on Good Morning Britain yesterday morning, Morgan ripped into Health Secretary Matt Hancock after he  said he won’t apologise after a high court ruling found he acted unlawfully,  and in fact his team should be thanked!

Piers Erupts as Matt Hancock Claims His Team Should Be Thanked for Their Work in the Pandemic | GMB - YouTube

 

I hope government ministers get their stories straight by the time the official inquiry into the Government's handling of the pandemic happens....I can forsee lots of discrepancies in the accounts they will give. 

I doubt whether the  cross examining team will think it adequate for De Pfeffel, to turn up looking like he's been dragged through a hedge backwards, mumble a few Latin phrases, repeat the word 'alas', and think that will win them over. Might've worked for the electorate, it won't impress members of the Queens Counsel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine being so incompetent you can be monstered by Piers Morgan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/01/2021 at 17:00, apelike said:

The whole world was not prepared for this, not just our Conservative government and that was the problem. 

 

rubbish. A number of Asian countries were prepared and have done well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nightrider said:

rubbish. A number of Asian countries were prepared and have done well.

OK so maybe not the whole world....  but the reasons they were prepared..... They were already geared up for dealing with it better because of their past histories in dealing with viral infections and epidemics, as most originate from Asia with Africa being second. The UK and European governments have fared far worse simply because they have no past history to go on so were left wanting. Same goes for the USA as well.

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apelike said:

OK so maybe not the whole world....  but the reasons they were prepared..... They were already geared up for dealing with it better because of their past histories in dealing with viral infections and epidemics, as most originate from Asia with Africa being second. The UK and European governments have fared far worse simply because they have no past history to go on so were left wanting. Same goes for the USA as well.

But the UK government were warned about an underprepared NHS and the possibilities of a predicted pandemic in a report three years ago and chose do nothing about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apelike said:

OK so maybe not the whole world....  but the reasons they were prepared..... They were already geared up for dealing with it better because of their past histories in dealing with viral infections and epidemics, as most originate from Asia with Africa being second. The UK and European governments have fared far worse simply because they have no past history to go on so were left wanting. Same goes for the USA as well.

didnt we have a pandemic "audit" a few years ago, with emergency service  tests etc..........our government failed to act on the failures so yeah, we were unprepared

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, apelike said:

OK so maybe not the whole world....  but the reasons they were prepared..... They were already geared up for dealing with it better because of their past histories in dealing with viral infections and epidemics, as most originate from Asia with Africa being second. The UK and European governments have fared far worse simply because they have no past history to go on so were left wanting. Same goes for the USA as well.

no past history yes. But we did have a pandemic report which told us many things to do and which the government ignored because of their fixation on Austerity. Well all that money saved is turning to be a great investment isn't it given the hundreds of billions in QE owe have apparently needed in the last year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

But the UK government were warned about an underprepared NHS and the possibilities of a predicted pandemic in a report three years ago and chose do nothing about it.

And when they got prepared and spent millions on antivirals that were never used for a bird flu pandemic that never materialised they got slated for wasting money!

 

42 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

But the UK government were warned about an underprepared NHS and the possibilities of a predicted pandemic in a report three years ago and chose do nothing about it.

Not sure about that one. I know about Exercise Cygnus in 2016 and the subsequent report and recommendations on that. 

 

38 minutes ago, melthebell said:

didnt we have a pandemic "audit" a few years ago, with emergency service  tests etc..........our government failed to act on the failures so yeah, we were unprepared

I agree on that.

 

But as already pointed out the whole of Europe and the USA were also not prepared either.  

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boris not bothering to turn up for the first five Emergency Covid meetings didn't help much either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2021 at 17:58, apelike said:

 

 

But as already pointed out the whole of Europe and the USA were also not prepared either.  

I'm struggling to see how this is the point. It's not the point is it. Also, I don't think it's accurate to say that all of Europe wasn't prepared, some countries have done significantly better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Delbow said:

I'm struggling to see how this is the point. It's not the point is it. Also, I don't think it's accurate to say that all of Europe wasn't prepared, some countries have done significantly better.

Without going too off topic and making this another coronavirus rant... Just because a few other countries governments in Europe have fared better than the conservatives here does not mean they were prepared.   

 

Yes the UK pandemic simulations found us lacking in certain aspects and that I agree with but those simulations were also based on a flu type pandemic situation which is entirely different to what we have got. We could have had more PPE in reserve and that would have helped marginally but that is date stamped with a use by date so stocking up is problematic. We could have had more spare NHS beds but again that is problematic. The main problem with the NHS at the start of this pandemic was the rapid increase in hospitalisations and a lack of ventilators which caused so many deaths and not the lack of PPE or nursing staff.  It's called a novel virus for a reason, it's a respiratory disease and not in the same league as flu so it was impossible to plan for, hence the problems with the EU also needing to source ventilators as well. I'm not excusing the conservatives in this just just pointing out the logistics and that's why I say most of the word was not prepared including Europe and the USA.

 

But it's easier to listen to the media, blame the conservatives and get fixated on what Cummings did or didn't do.

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, apelike said:

Without going too off topic and making this another coronavirus rant... Just because a few other countries governments in Europe have fared better than the conservatives here does not mean they were prepared.   

 

Yes the UK pandemic simulations found us lacking in certain aspects and that I agree with but those simulations were also based on a flu type pandemic situation which is entirely different to what we have got.

But it's easier to listen to the media, blame the conservatives and get fixated on what Cummings did or didn't do.

Do you think they would know before hand what to base it on?

 

But you are just repeating what has been said in the media, the media are so powerfull.

We have done very poorly, the FTSE is below what it was 12 months ago, stock markets around the world are increasing and the LSE was overtaken by Amsterdams stock market.

 

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/amsterdam-has-overtaken-london-as-europes-biggest-trading-centre/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.