Jump to content


The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, apelike said:

Well it did go a long way and that's the point as its about balancing the budget not how much the annual budget is

 

 

How did it go a long way? It was a tiny percentage of the annual budget - so small that it wouldn't have made any noticeable difference if they had set a budget with a "deficit" funded by  a small increase in borrowing.

 

How do you think HMG has been setting a "balanced budget" - yup, vastly  increased borrowing by HMG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Longcol said:

How did it go a long way? It was a tiny percentage of the annual budget - so small that it wouldn't have made any noticeable difference if they had set a budget with a "deficit" funded by  a small increase in borrowing.

It helped them balance the books so it went a long way.  As for the bit about if they had set a budget with a "deficit", well they didn't and didn't need to borrow anything so its just a strawman argument.

 

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Why not ask some service users?

Why?

 

Quote

Is Terry fox a service user? Does he rely on council provided services?

As he the deputy leader of SCC I would think so, but again ask him not me.

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, apelike said:

It helped them balance the books so it went a long way.  As for the bit about if they had set a budget with a "deficit", well they didn't and didn't need to borrow anything so its just a strawman argument.

 

Why?

 

As he the deputy leader of SCC I would think so, but again ask him not me.

Do you really think you will get an accurate and unbiased opinion from Mr Fox, (deputy leader of SCC.) who will have no end of political masters to serve? Far better to get the information from genuine service users than a person who can be accused of 'well he would say that wouldn't he' 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Do you really think you will get an accurate and unbiased opinion from Mr Fox, (deputy leader of SCC.) who will have no end of political masters to serve? Far better to get the information from genuine service users than a person who can be accused of 'well he would say that wouldn't he' 

 

So, can you enlighten me on how you or an individual like me would do that? Taking into account that terry Fox is also leader of a Labour held council. Its a bit like saying Corbyn would say that wouldn't he and then praising him as a saint!

Edited by apelike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/01/2021 at 22:52, steved32 said:

Northern Ireland and the vaccine...

 

Wonder whether they think it was a good idea to cosy up to the Tories and create a hung parliament a few years ago.

 

 

And that's not mentioning Brexit... oops...mentioned it.

 

Probably get a moderator slap for inappropriate post, for as we know Conservative party and Brexit are completely disconnected.

It was the 2017 electorate that created the hung parliament and not the DUP who supported the Tory party to continue in Government after the election result. Northern Ireland as an whole benefited from the DUP agreement because of the extra investment for infrastructure projects.  Northern Ireland are part of the UK and benefit from the fast vaccine rollout just like all areas of the UK do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tories have just announced catch-up funding for summer schools.  It amounts to considerably less than last year's disastrous Eat Out to Help Out scheme, which succeeded only in contributing to the second wave of the virus by appealing to people's greed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they're too busy trying to censor how history is taught by museums and heritage organisations to focus on side issues like school education.

Edited by Delbow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, rsimmonite said:

They continue to do what is best for us.

They do what makes Boris looks good. Sometimes that is the same as what is best for us, but often not.

A little bit more honesty and openess would be good for us, but not good for Boris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Maybe they're too busy trying to censor how history is taught by museums and heritage organisations to focus on side issues like school education.

Or lying about giving PPE contracts out to their pub landlord. Or denying there was a PPE shortage. Or saying how journalists abuse people. 

 

Busy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also telling people in Bristol what they should name their streets. So much to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.