The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

What makes you think it's a good move?

I have been impressed by her debating and reasoning.

Granted I have only experienced these on Question Time and the election debates but got the feeling that she could do a good job.

Must admit it was boring watching a cavalcade of cars making their way to Downing Street whilst listening to the boring political pundits giving a running commentary.

During the rain I was expecting to see  Jacob Rees Mogg doing a Gene Kelly routine.  :hihi:

Guest sibon
4 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

During the rain I was expecting to see  Jacob Rees Mogg doing a Gene Kelly routine.  :hihi:

Rees-Mogg doesn’t agree with those new fangled talking pictures.

Just now, sibon said:

Rees-Mogg doesn’t agree with those new fangled talking pictures.

It must be London Cab drivers driving the Cavalcade cars the long way round, old habits die hard. :hihi:

Liz Truss's speech to the masses: My my, was it worth the wait? What a let down.

Did anyone see those pigs flying overhead? She managed less than 30 seconds before her first Prime Ministerial porky, blaming Covid and Russia for all our problems...

She obviously thinks we're all thick if we'd fall for that one. 

She's spectacularly underwhelming.

We're in serious trouble, we're gonna need a bigger boat....

Edited by Anna B

"We will put our health service on a firm footing" 

Different snake-oil salesperson, same old snake-oil.

39 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So sorry to ask, I will put this as plain as I can . When the finale two were selected, was the cabinet and back benchers allowed to vote in the final  choice, or was it only people who are paid up members off the Conservative party the only ones that could vote . Was the people I first mentioned excluded, sorry to bother you again 

I know what the rules about these things are and how it is all technically above board and all that, but it just doesn't feel right that Boris has been ousted the way he has been. Liz Truss should call an immediate general election to "morally" legitimize her premiership, especially if she intends to deviate away from the plans Boris had in a significant way.

Edited by HumbleNarrator

10 minutes ago, Slinny said:

So sorry to ask, I will put this as plain as I can . When the finale two were selected, was the cabinet and back benchers allowed to vote in the final  choice, or was it only people who are paid up members off the Conservative party the only ones that could vote . Was the people I first mentioned excluded, sorry to bother you again 

It's a good question and I'm not sure to be honest

7 minutes ago, West 77 said:

An excellent speech from our new Tory prime minister on the Downing Street steps.  It's the best speech I have heard her deliver.

Long Live Tory Rule!

Less than twenty cliches, so a much stronger start than I expected.

1 minute ago, HumbleNarrator said:

I know what the rules about these things are and how it is all technically above board and all that, but it just doesn't feel right that Boris has been ousted the way he has been. Liz Truss should call an immediate general election to "morally" legitimize her premiership, especially if she intends to deviate away from the plans Boris had in a significant way.

She won't dare call for a GE because she knows the vast majority of the  Public don't want her.