The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Just now, The Joker said:

So what's going on ?

Is BoJo meeting his mistress over at the Olympic Park?

I’d not thought of that but it wouldn’t surprise me if he had a bit on the side. I think cycling should be encouraged though,  especially amongst those of a wider girth and with a propensity for laziness like Johnson.

6 hours ago, Mister M said:

Trident & HS2 hasn't got anything to do with cronyism, as far as I'm aware.

Who said it had? If you read again what I have put you will see that I was stating that wasting taxpayers money is not something that has suddenly happened because we have a Conservative government.

16 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Each and every time someone mentions outsourcing, privatization, PFI, internal markets and the need to involve private expertize to "fix" wasteful government they should be shown that picture.

Jack Monroe on Twitter: "NATIONAL FREE SCHOOL MEAL VOUCHER SCHEME IS COMING BACK NEXT WEEK! We did it!!! THANKYOU!!!! I’m crying into the cat 🐈 Christ I need some sleep" / Twitter

The money would be better than vouchers, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Edited by Mister M

The cronyism in this government is awful. Take Dido Harding:

"Ms Harding, you headed up the Test and Trace programme that we spent £22bn of other people's money on, and which was highly ineffective, what do you think you would bring as the head of the National Institute of Health Protection?"

"Well, I'm friends with David Cameron"

"Excellent, well I think that covers it, although I do slightly worry what the Government's Anti-Corruption Champion will think of it"

"Oh, don't worry about that, he's my husband"

47 minutes ago, Delbow said:

The cronyism in this government is awful. Take Dido Harding:

"Ms Harding, you headed up the Test and Trace programme that we spent £22bn of other people's money on, and which was highly ineffective, what do you think you would bring as the head of the National Institute of Health Protection?"

"Well, I'm friends with David Cameron"

"Excellent, well I think that covers it, although I do slightly worry what the Government's Anti-Corruption Champion will think of it"

"Oh, don't worry about that, he's my husband"

If this happened in any other country we'd point and laugh. And use it as an excuse to reduce foreign aid.

Incidentally, has anyone heard from Typhoid Dido recently? Perhaps track & trace could track her down.... Though given its appalling record, I very much doubt that.

The article states that £364m of Covid related contracts have been awarded to firms with links to the Conservative Party, without going through a proper procurement process, using an EU loophole ironically. I do get that things need to be done quickly during a pandemic and normal process can be slow, and so some flexibility is required, and if there weren't all the other "coincidences" like Dido Harding and Robert Jenrick / Richard Desmond as well, it wouldn't look so dodgy. But there are those other "coincidences"

Edited by Delbow

28 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

If this happened in any other country we'd point and laugh. And use it as an excuse to reduce foreign aid.

Totally. If you read about a Zimbabwean official who had failed in a high profile role immediately being given another, and that they were married to the anti-corruption person, you'd roll your eyes and think "plus ça change".

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

The article states that £364m of Covid related contracts have been awarded to firms with links to the Conservative Party, without going through a proper procurement process, using an EU loophole ironically. I do get that things need to be done quickly during a pandemic and normal process can be slow, and so some flexibility is required, and if there weren't all the other "coincidences" like Dido Harding and Robert Jenrick / Richard Desmond as well, it wouldn't look so dodgy. But there are those other "coincidences"

If only the PM was as quick with his decisions about locking down, as the Conservative Ministers & officials are quick with awarding mates of theirs lucrative contracts, maybe the daily infection and death rate wouldn't be so catastrophic.

On 12/01/2021 at 19:10, apelike said:

Its not intended for 10 days but 5 and costed out at £10.50 not £30. Unfortunately its the usual Facebook/Twitter rants that have got it wrong. Having said that its a very poor show and should be much better.

This is the BBC's take on it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55628428

Not so! I am against giving out food boxes or vouchers and I am all for the parent to get extra means tested money so the parent can buy the food. Its economically better to do it that way.

Further information on this issue 

David Schneider on Twitter: "“These food parcels are unacceptable and don’t meet the standards we expect” says government who set the standards the food parcels basically met. https://t.co/OkqZPUQggK" / Twitter

Edited by Mister M

Just been reported that the head of the Covid recovery group, Steve Baker, has told Boris Johnson that his leadership is under threat if he doesn't outline a roadmap for when the restrictions are going to be lifted.