Jump to content

The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Oh dear... ever heard of a guy named Corbyn? That's all he wanted and why he has such a loyal following.

You are seriously not trying to put up the disgraced anti-semite former opposition leader who suffered the worst defeat for decades as some sort of shining example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

You are seriously not trying to put up the disgraced anti-semite former opposition leader who suffered the worst defeat for decades as some sort of shining example.

Now I'm seriously not drawing comparisons here, just an example.

 

Wasn't Jesus Christ, a really good man, executed because he posed a threat to the power of some really bad men. 

He had a following of loyal followers who understood what he was all about, yet the crowd called out for a reprieve of the felon Barrabas. 

 

Did they get it right?

 

People believe what they are told, and believe who they are told to believe. The only way to know for sure is to hear the words out of the horses mouth, and judge the man for yourself.

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Now I'm seriously not drawing comparisons here, just an example.

 

Wasn't Jesus Christ, a really good man, executed because he posed a threat to the power of some really bad men. 

He had a following of loyal followers who understood what he was all about, yet the crowd called for a reprieve of Barrabas

Seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Seriously?

I know, I know...    but the best example I could come up with that people are familiar with.

But innocent people are maligned all the time, and when you have the weight of the very powerful establishment up against you, you don't stand a chance.

 

 

 

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Now I'm seriously not drawing comparisons here, just an example.

 

Wasn't Jesus Christ, a really good man, executed because he posed a threat to the power of some really bad men. 

He had a following of loyal followers who understood what he was all about, yet the crowd called out for a reprieve of the felon Barrabas. 

 

Did they get it right?

 

People believe what they are told, and believe who they are told to believe. The only way to know for sure is to hear the words out of the horses mouth, and judge the man for yourself.

Um probably not no...there isn’t even any particularly compelling evidence that Jesus existed. There is even less evidence he was executed, or the reasons why.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....

Edited by Arnold_Lane
removed since Anna altered her comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Um probably not no...there isn’t even any particularly compelling evidence that Jesus existed. There is even less evidence he was executed, or the reasons why.. 

Well that's a divergent argument. I'm not going into.

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Lane said:

Seriously??

I deleted the second bit. I didn't want to offend anyone. But you beat me too it. 

Please see ammended post 448

Edited by Anna B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

why didn't he just do it straight away, everyone knew he was going to cave in, he might have just as well got it out of the way,  he's the weakest leader we have had for decades, and that includes Maybot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just reading the article below where it says:

The head of Boris Johnson's vaccine taskforce has billed the taxpayer £670,000 for a team of boutique PR consultants to oversee her media strategy. 

Kate Bingham, 55, has already spent £500,000 on eight full-time consultants from Admiral Associates - with the team contracted until the end of the year. 

The costs involved mean that each consultant is on the equivalent of a £167,000 a year salary, according to leaked documents. 

It is understood that the team help Ms Bingham to draft statements and prepare for media appearances. 

 

This virus has been a good excuse for allowing the Tories to look after their friends with taxpayers money, what a surprise to see that Kate Bingham is married to a cabinet minister, Jesse Norman. Isn't it marvellous along comes the virus and the Government have found plenty of money to give to their friends for contracts that have not been put out to tender.

 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/head-of-boris-johnson-s-vaccine-taskforce-bills-taxpayers-670-000/ar-BB1aNttV?ocid=msedgdhp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

why didn't he just do it straight away, everyone knew he was going to cave in, he might have just as well got it out of the way,  he's the weakest leader we have had for decades, and that includes Maybot

Surely is shows weaker leadership to stick to your guns even when it’s clear the mood of the country is against you, than to admit you were wrong and go above and beyond what was asked for..? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Thanks for highlighting this :thumbsup:

In the middle of the celebrations of Joe Biden winning, many people will have not noticed. 

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Just reading the article below where it says:

The head of Boris Johnson's vaccine taskforce has billed the taxpayer £670,000 for a team of boutique PR consultants to oversee her media strategy. 

Kate Bingham, 55, has already spent £500,000 on eight full-time consultants from Admiral Associates - with the team contracted until the end of the year. 

The costs involved mean that each consultant is on the equivalent of a £167,000 a year salary, according to leaked documents. 

It is understood that the team help Ms Bingham to draft statements and prepare for media appearances. 

 

This virus has been a good excuse for allowing the Tories to look after their friends with taxpayers money, what a surprise to see that Kate Bingham is married to a cabinet minister, Jesse Norman. Isn't it marvellous along comes the virus and the Government have found plenty of money to give to their friends for contracts that have not been put out to tender.

 

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/head-of-boris-johnson-s-vaccine-taskforce-bills-taxpayers-670-000/ar-BB1aNttV?ocid=msedgdhp

Yes, all credit to the Tories who have proven themselves to have green fingers when it comes to growing those 'magic money trees'.

Even if they are blooming in the back gardens of wives of Tory MPs, donors etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.