The Conservative Party - Part Two.

32 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Surely it depends on what you get for the money. Is it good value? Does it make people feel secure etc. 

I'm afraid our taxes are wasted. And the services are very poor to non-existant in a lot of cases, therefore extremely expensive for what you get. Which is why people are seeing the need to go private. So you pay your taxes and pay for services which is even more expensive.

When its all been privatised, do you think we'll be excused tax to pay for it? Dream on.

I agree our taxes are wasted,either by bungling incompetence or blatant grift. I remember a few years ago an officer in the army stores wondered what a “filament “was in army speak so he found out. Turns out it’s a regular domestic light bulb which the MOD had been paying its supplier 60 or 70 quid a pop for. Then we had the 40 odd million wasted on the not fit for purpose IT system for the benefits department. Bet no heads rolled for that one. Now we have NHS trusts paying wildly varying prices for medications, it’s never bloody ending. For what we fork out we should have excellent public services and infrastructure. Oh also does anyone know the date for the promised “bonfire of the quangos “? Not holding my breath on that one.

2 hours ago, Jim117 said:

I agree our taxes are wasted,either by bungling incompetence or blatant grift. I remember a few years ago an officer in the army stores wondered what a “filament “was in army speak so he found out. Turns out it’s a regular domestic light bulb which the MOD had been paying its supplier 60 or 70 quid a pop for. Then we had the 40 odd million wasted on the not fit for purpose IT system for the benefits department. Bet no heads rolled for that one. Now we have NHS trusts paying wildly varying prices for medications, it’s never bloody ending. For what we fork out we should have excellent public services and infrastructure. Oh also does anyone know the date for the promised “bonfire of the quangos “? Not holding my breath on that one.

Seems to me that a solution to such issues is to  get rid of  good chunk of those overpaid, overprotected, incompetent, inefficient overunionised civil servants, developers, technical leaders, department managers, administration officers , maintenance charge hands and foremen for their own failures.

You know, the ones who we cant vote out in an election.  The ones whose frequent mistakes  laziness and stubbornness are free from constant media scrutiny and public shaming.   The ones sitting comfortably in their jobs, drifting along, being belligerent and uncooperative, constantly reluctant to adapt their guidelines, operations or methods - and god forbid anyone who dare criticise or try change them for fear of instant union interference and strike threats.... 

Ministers  may lead and decide but that should not totally absolve responsibility from the layers and layers of pen pushers, supervisors and jumped up entitled public workers below who actually design, develop, control and operate these failed systems.   

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Surely it depends on what you get for the money. Is it good value? Does it make people feel secure etc. 

I'm afraid our taxes are wasted.

That is in part because of the idea that big is better, partly because of centralisation and a lot to do with incompetence.

And the services are very poor to non-existant in a lot of cases, therefore extremely expensive for what you get. Which is why people are seeing the need to go private.

By private I assume you mean the NHS? On the other hand if people want to go private then that is their choice as they can obviously afford it and on the other hand it also benefits the NHS and you.

So you pay your taxes and pay for services which is even more expensive.

When its all been privatised, do you think we'll be excused tax to pay for it? Dream on.

Thats a big when and should be a big if.

Edited by Dromedary

So our great leader will announce that normality returns today, emphasising the need for "personal responsibility..."

Ha, ha, hahahaha, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! 

1 hour ago, steved32 said:

So our great leader will announce that normality returns today, emphasising the need for "personal responsibility..."

Ha, ha, hahahaha, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! 

He sets such a good example for the rest of us!

Well done Boris , keep it up .  A rather loud boo going labours way 

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Well done Boris , keep it up .  A rather loud boo going labours way 

He's quite good at keeping it up  (so I've been told)

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

He's quite good at keeping it up  (so I've been told)

:thumbsup:

On 17/02/2022 at 14:02, Dromedary said:

That is in part because of the idea that big is better, partly because of centralisation and a lot to do with incompetence.

By private I assume you mean the NHS? On the other hand if people want to go private then that is their choice as they can obviously afford it and on the other hand it also benefits the NHS and you.

Thats a big when and should be a big if.

Privatisation is the Raison  d'etra of the Conservative party. They idolise  America and want us to be their clone.

And if you hadn't already noticed the our 'Free Market Economy' is designed round it, as I've been saying for quite a while. 

'Neoliberalism.' Initiated by Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Regan.

Read it up. 

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Privatisation is the Raison  d'etra of the Conservative party. They idolise  America and want us to be their clone.

And if you hadn't already noticed the our 'Free Market Economy' is designed round it, as I've been saying for quite a while. 

'Neoliberalism.' Initiated by Margaret Thatcher and Ronald Regan.

Read it up. 

Thanks for mentioning " Neoliberalism" Anna . We dont hear it enough 

22 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Thanks for mentioning " Neoliberalism" Anna . We dont hear it enough 

Your welcome. I will continue to mention it until people realise its implications....

16 hours ago, Anna B said:

Any evidence for this?    If anything this was more Blair than the Tories.    Watch the film The Special Relationship.