The Conservative Party - Part Two.

33 minutes ago, Delbow said:

I can't imagine Putin gives anything like a toss what Johnson has to say about Ukraine.

"Which one is Johnson again?"

"The foolish one who thinks he's Churchill, sir"

According to Cummings he thinks he's a Roman emperor lol

20 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Apologies, nobody told me it is a homophobic slur.  I would be beyond devastated if the Mister Men put me on their pretend ignore list.

Utter nonsense.  Putin is more likely to take notice of Boris than any other World leader because he knows Boris is a winner and gets things done. Putin and all the other World leaders know that Boris is the only British politician who could have got Brexit done.

All Boris is going to get 'done' lately is 54 letters by fellow Tories handed in.

40 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Apologies, nobody told me it is a homophobic slur.  I would be beyond devastated if the Mister Men put me on their pretend ignore list.

Utter nonsense.  Putin is more likely to take notice of Boris than any other World leader because he knows Boris is a winner and gets things done. Putin and all the other World leaders know that Boris is the only British politician who could have got Brexit done.

You say that like Putin and other world leaders give two ***** about whatever Johnson got ‘done’ 🤣

Meanwhile, in the real world, Senior Russian diplomat: 'We don't trust British diplomacy', it's 'absolutely worthless'.

Boris Johnson: spaffing British soft power up the wall since July 2016.

21 minutes ago, melthebell said:

All Boris is going to get 'done' lately is 54 letters by fellow Tories handed in.

Tobias Elwood just put it on Sky this morning, that he is putting his letter to the 1922 Committee today.

Edited by L00b

49 minutes ago, West 77 said:

This is yesterdays trolling post, you need to flip the calendar over

3 hours ago, L00b said:

Duly and positively noted.

I don’t see the causal link between royalty and political structure in the issue, given the purely figurative role of royalty in that political structure.

No causal link. I was trying to suggest that getting rid of Royalty, given that many see them as being elite rich and privileged spongers that should be consigned to history would be very hard and difficult and changing the political structure in the UK would be even harder than that. This is the UK and change is always fought with resistance and I don't mean physical resistance.

7 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

No causal link. I was trying to suggest that getting rid of Royalty, given that many see them as being elite rich and privileged spongers that should be consigned to history would be very hard and difficult and changing the political structure in the UK would be even harder than that. This is the UK and change is always fought with resistance and I don't mean physical resistance.

Fair enough. I see it as a different debate altogether.

“Elite, rich and privileged spongers” as they may be (or not), they’re no different in that particular respect to any other wealthy types owing their wealth to inheritance and/or ‘less-than-ethically-enlightened’ practices: the political class, structure and systems are their all-too-malleable tools just the same.

If you can’t beat them at the game, change the game rules

(Sun Tzu and Machiavelli agree) 😉

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:

No surprise a bitter Frenchmen with a chip on his shoulder is posting utter nonsense and supporting the Russians.

Is it your turn to be constipated today?

Edited by L00b

46 minutes ago, West 77 said:

No surprise a bitter Frenchmen with a chip on his shoulder is posting utter nonsense and supporting the Russians.

It's frite

57 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I would be surprised if 54 letters are handed in.  I've no doubt Boris would win a vote of confidence in the unlikely event 54 letters are handed in.  The Tory MPs know there is no body waiting in the wings who has a better chance of winning the next general election than Boris.

My bold. 

I doubt it as well.  I have to laugh at the other thread running on SF at the moment of who should replace Johnson? 

I didn't know there was a vacancy? 

Johnson is linking up with strategist Lynton Crosby again, so it looks as though he's up for a fight? 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

I doubt it as well.  I have to laugh at the other thread running on SF at the moment of who should replace Johnson? 

Johnson is linking up with strategist Lynton Crosby again, so it looks as though he's up for a fight? 

Up for a fight with whom? Sunak? Truss? Any of the others who fancy their chances? Opposition to Johnson is by no means only external to the party. Given the reports of the recent wining and dining of backbench Tory MPs by senior figures in the government the knives are, if not quite out yet, certainly well and truly honed.

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t behind the Savile and drugs slur that Johnson threw at Starmer the other day. He was also the ‘mastermind’ behind Zac Goldsmith’s openly racist London mayoral campaign which also had Johnson’s grubby hands all over it. I don’t recall that going so well though.

7 hours ago, West 77 said:

Putin will work with Boris as he knows that anyone who would take Britain out of the EU must have a death wish for his country that Russia can exploit.

8 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Putin will work with Boris as he knows that anyone who would take Britain out of the EU must have a death wish for his country that Russia can exploit.

If Boris does not work with Putin then those little blue gas flames that cook the food and keep many warm will shortly die out all over the EU and the UK and the EU will be able to do nothing to stop it.

Edited by Dromedary