The Conservative Party - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, L00b said:

But that’s just the thing: my point is about everyday British people, whose money it is that they are wasting, who are still finding and posting excuses for them now!

🤯

Yep, it's mind blowing. The same people are also sitting back while social care is de-funded by massive cuts to council budgets, because councils "waste money"

Our South West Sheffield suburban shopping has been deteriorating for many years, mainly because shoppers prefer cheap supermarket offerings to quality, I don’t blame politics for this, folk get what they want, and are willing to travel to get it. This has had a knock on effect in respect of people interacting with each other, they used to do this whilst shopping locally, these days the ‘chatting spots’ are devoid of human life, businesses can’t afford to give their produce away.

8 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Now just what events do you think could have happened over the past couple of years which has changed the position dramatically?

Jesus, when will people grow up and realise it is irrelevant which political party was in power. You have to be an absolute imbecile not to link the massive global pandemic, huge impacts on the economy, huge expenses in treatment and resources alongside the already turbulent environments of brexit and not be ready for some impact on rises to taxes and costs of living.

ALL political parties and candidates make pledges about what they wish to do if they get into power. But we all know that reality changes dramatically as events go on and even more so when there is a house of 650 representatives who are free to vote whichever way they choose on bills and policy put before them. Let's not sit there pretending such is just a Tory issue. That's just stupidity. The great captain hindsight on the other side of the house has hardly given shining examples of what he would do better and would have had to face exactly the same sort of challenges, conflicts and resistance and boycotting in any event.

Said before and will say again, any moron can sit there criticising and finger pointing. Actually coming up with a practical and workable solution which pleases everybody is an entirely different matter.

Putting aside the singling out of Boris Johnson which seems to be taking precedence, let's just think about a few basic facts. The current government assumed office at the end of July 2019, less than 6-months into their term Covid happened and the first UK cases where discovered. As soon as that broke out, all bets - not just in this country but around the world - were off.  Any grandiose plans that I'm sure they would have a liked to implement have been completely overtook by bigger demands and global level actions against a worldwide event.

Anyone who thought  there was going to be any sort of normality or commitment to electoral pledges in such disruptive circumstances (by any party) is absolutely naive.

All true :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

All true :thumbsup:

You're happy with the wasting of public money then?

4 hours ago, L00b said:

Much of which £37bn is as yet unexplained, and left to crowdfunded initiatives like Jolyon Maugham’s GoodLaw Project to investigate before the Courts, instead of MPs whose job it is.

Ah, the fox clubber general himself. 

Mr Maugham claims the correct use of public money is 'fundamentally the issue' behind his campaign. 

But during a lucrative career as a tax barrister, Mr Maugham represented the super-rich in their attempts to avoid around £1 billion in taxes, during which he was promoted as an expert in 'tax avoidance transactions'.

To say nothing about his campaign of hate against Rosie Duffield.

Call him out on Twitter and see how quickly he blocks you!

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I’m going to get some popcorn for later on 

Get me some please Hackey.

10 minutes ago, Padders said:

Get me some please Hackey.

No problem. 

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

Ah, the fox clubber general himself. 

To say nothing about his campaign of hate against Rosie Duffield.

Call him out on Twitter and see how quickly he blocks you!

Ah, I see the mindset: “boy did bad, can never do any good ever”.

Well, on that monochromatic basis, clearly there is absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with Messrs Johnson, Rees-Mogg and co. carrying on loading your descendance, both born and yet to irrespective, with the cost of their Bahamian villas, solid platinum-grade lifestyle and such other richly-deserved ‘wealth’.

Carry on then, nothing to see here m’Lud 😏

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

I’m going to get some popcorn for later on 

as long as its not a party or Sue Gray wont be happy

39 minutes ago, melthebell said:

as long as its not a party or Sue Gray wont be happy

No wine or cheese at Hackey Manor 

Pretty strong speech from Starmer fairplay, while Boris sits there like a naughty schoolboy lol

Edited by melthebell