The Conservative Party - Part Two.

4 minutes ago, altus said:

Sadly true and it doesn't matter whether they were fooled or not or whether they now regret it or not. But we have a separate thread for that, no need to spread discussion of it to this one.

What? It’s all down to the Tories and the nut job fringe who’ve taken over the party.

🤣 🙄

I’ve long said the UK is turning into a Banana republic under the current breed of Conservatives.

Events are now at the stage of comforting that view every. Single. Day.

5 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Normal people aren't  interested in the report.  Normal people consider the bloke who made the bullying allegations to be a wimp.  Boris was correct in not replacing  the Home Secretary over the  bullying allegation.

Firstly who cares about your view of what normal is and who normal people are.

Secondly you're not even disguising the fact that you're a government shill. A useful idiot.

Thirdly Alex Allan found Patel to be guilty of bullying. She did it before in the 2 previous departments she was responsible for, and she did it again.

We want an inquiry they cry ,   got an inquiry. Police should be involved they cry  ,   Police got involved.      And still they cry

27 minutes ago, L00b said:

I’ve long said the UK is turning into a Banana republic under the current breed of Conservatives.

Events are now at the stage of comforting that view every. Single. Day.

I do agree with you in general - they're a bunch of Machiavellian arseholes, and that's my self-censored view -  but I've been browsing legal Twitter (real legal Twitter, not larping legal Twitter) and they do make a good case for why it's a sensible move.

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The only opinion that matters is that of Boris who  continues to support Priti Patel being home secretary. 

And in terms of their appropriateness for the cabinet positions they hold, having both broke the Ministerial code on more than one occasion, they are equals. They are both unfit for office, and deserve each other. Unfortunately, because of the positions they hold, everybody else has to put up with them. For the time being. 

Its funny how this birthday cake story is big news now, but wasn't when it was first published in June 2020:

Untitled-1-copy-1-e1643361885637.jpg?w=1

2 hours ago, West 77 said:

Normal people aren't  interested in the report.  Normal people consider the bloke who made the bullying allegations to be a wimp.  Boris was correct in not replacing  the Home Secretary over the  bullying allegation.

Look at his need to equate himself with normality, and his desperation to label anyone who doesn't think like him abnormal. So insecure.

18 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Its funny how this birthday cake story is big news now, but wasn't when it was first published in June 2020:

Untitled-1-copy-1-e1643361885637.jpg?w=1

It’s turned into anything Bojo, the left of Lenin brigade will be after his kids next.

Just now, crookesey said:

, the left of Lenin brigade will be after his kids next.

I don't think that will happen - there's just too many of them

2 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Plus it’s not known how many he’s got.

27 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Genuine LOL.