The Conservative Party - Part Two.

How’s the liar gonna lie his way out of this one ?

6 minutes ago, atticus said:

How’s the liar gonna lie his way out of this one ?

He probably thinks that by ruffling his hair, dressing like a tramp, and chuntering a few Latin phrases will placate the electorate.

I really hope at the next 'bring a bottle', it will be a wall of furious voters throwing bottles at Johnson's official car as its on it's way to Buckingham Palace for Johnson to meet the Queen for the last time.

2 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Hes been likened to Oliver Cromwell on another thread 

Dead?

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

On the very day during the first lockdown when a a member of the public asked the government at a Downing Street press briefing about rules of meeting up, and Johnson's minister, Oliver Dowden, said that if rules weren't followed then the police would be involved. Johnson himself attended a party with about 30 others 'to enjoy the lovely weather were having'. Oh and bring a bottle.

Over the last month or so, he, other ministers and Downing Street have said, "there were no parties".

Email proves Downing Street staff held drinks party at height of lockdown | ITV News

WHAT A BUNCH OF LYING CHITS.

But it's not in an outdoor public place but a private one so do the rules still apply....

53 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The word party wasn't used in the email.  The words used were socially distance, drinks and garden.  The Downing Street garden is an outside space used for work purposes.  It's only old washerwomen and the media who are trying to make out this was a party. 

So what do you think about the oafish liar sniggering when he was asked about it?

He's an absolute disgrace.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

I've no opinion on the way Boris reacted to the question. I'm only really interested in what's happening now regarding covid.  The government seem to have made the correct decision regarding not having further restrictions to fight the Omicron variant.  People's anger should be directed against the unvaccinated and those not having the booster jab because it's this group along with the media who are causing the major problems for our country at the moment. 

Lol - a classic 'I'm ignoring this issue because it will be uncomfortable for me to think about how the party I support has taken the absolute p*ss' post. You only want to focus on what's happening right now because it's embarrassing to engage with the issue. They've had us all for mugs! "Do this, follow these ruless, while we do what we like". 

The Guardian are reminding people that on the day of this party, culture secretary Oliver Dowden was reminding the British public “You can meet one person outside of your household in an outdoor, public place provided that you stay 2 metres apart.”

Edited by Delbow

5 minutes ago, Delbow said:

The Guardian are reminding people that on the day of this party, culture secretary Oliver Dowden was reminding the British public “You can meet one person outside of your household in an outdoor, public place provided that you stay 2 metres apart

Precisely!

Arrogant sense of entitlement...hypocrisy personified.

Classic self entitled Eton Hooray Henrys behaviour yet its sadly STILL accepted "ignored" by the cap doffing "working class" Tory voters, and its this which will keep it carrying on and carrying on and carrying on :(

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

There is no real issue here because It wasn't a party and it's  irrelevant because the Downing Street garden is used as a workplace.  I've no issue in any working people having a social distance drink with work colleagues in an outdoor area at their place of work.

On a day when we could meet ONE person outside of our household.

12 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Classic self entitled Eton Hooray Henrys behaviour yet its sadly STILL accepted "ignored" by the cap doffing "working class" Tory voters, and its this which will keep it carrying on and carrying on and carrying on :(

What’s working class got to do with it ? Are you saying the working class should only vote for other parties?

3 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

What’s working class got to do with it ? Are you saying the working class should only vote for other parties?

im saying youre being conned and youre accepting any **** they throw at you, they dont even hide it anymore they dont need to

Edited by melthebell

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

On a day when people were going to their place of work and mixing with many people from different households.  

I will just add it was the same month Dominic Cummings held a press conference in the Downing Street garden which was attended by people mainly the media from many different households.  The Downing Street garden is used as a place for work and isn't a private residential garden.

Work doesn't tell you "Bring Your Own Booze"