Jump to content

The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Old Bexley & Sidcup. 

https://news.sky.com/story/old-bexley-and-sidcup-voters-casting-ballots-in-by-election-sparked-by-death-of-former-cabinet-minister-james-brokenshire-12484441

 

Clearly mischief makers, the unnamed sources of the story are hoping to reduce the Tory vote. 

thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Anne,

please do not frighten people, in y experience mental health services exist in Sheffield.

I have no intention of frightening people but do have some experience of mental health provision, and I can assure you it is not good.

When they closed the old asylums for community care the intentions were good but the community care wasn't. With all the cuts it has got worse and worse ever since. Half the homeless people on the streets are the evidence of that: unable to cope but unable to get the help they need. The sad thing is they are too ill to help themselves or to access the care they need as it requires enormous determination and stamina to fight for it, stamina which they don't have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Anna B said:

I have no intention of frightening people but do have some experience of mental health provision, and I can assure you it is not good.

When they closed the old asylums for community care the intentions were good but the community care wasn't. With all the cuts it has got worse and worse ever since. Half the homeless people on the streets are the evidence of that: unable to cope but unable to get the help they need. The sad thing is they are too ill to help themselves or to access the care they need as it requires enormous determination and stamina to fight for it, stamina which they don't have. 

Not sure the intentions went much beyond the phrase "Care In The Community" - when many Middlewood wards were closed in the mid/late  80's, community care consisted of giving people their wordly belongings in a carrier bag and their bus fare into the city centre with directions to the homeless hostels on Gell Street and Upper Hanover Street.

 

Similar to the "Patients First" initiative in the NHS at the same time - which was all about a new management structure with armies of accountants.

 

/ history lesson about caring Tory governments.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is help for people with mental health problems in Sheffield whether it is by home visits or hospital admission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two more by-elections next year.  North Shropshire which the Tories are concerned about. The other is to replace Sir David Amess. Labour said they would not put a candidate up for election out of respect for Sir David.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

There are two more by-elections next year.  North Shropshire which the Tories are concerned about. The other is to replace Sir David Amess. Labour said they would not put a candidate up for election out of respect for Sir David.

 

 

The Tories and the Lib Dems did the same  after the labour lady was murdered in Batley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, West 77 said:

The Tories and the Lib Dems did the same  after the labour lady was murdered in Batley.

Yes you are right and I think it’s the right thing to do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hackey lad said:

See Angie Rayner is next on the conveyor belt writing letters and demanding investigations . Just seems like a muck flinging exercise , hoping some might stick 

Did you see the missing words in the letter? She's a laughing stock.  

FFojAhWX0AI9KSC?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by alchresearch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tory peer Michelle Mone accused of sending racist and abusive message

 

Mone is alleged to have called man of Indian heritage ‘a waste of a man’s white skin’ in WhatsApp exchange

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/02/michelle-mone-tory-peer-accused-of-sending-racist-abusive-messages

 

 

16 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Old Bexley & Sidcup. 

https://news.sky.com/story/old-bexley-and-sidcup-voters-casting-ballots-in-by-election-sparked-by-death-of-former-cabinet-minister-james-brokenshire-12484441

 

Clearly mischief makers, the unnamed sources of the story are hoping to reduce the Tory vote. 

Voters in Old Bexley and Sidcup voted to keep a Conservative candidate, but the majority was reduced from 19,000 to less than 5,000

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/03/old-bexley-and-sidcup-byelection-louie-french-mp-tories-retain-seat

Edited by Mister M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Did you see the missing words in the letter? She's a laughing stock.  

FFojAhWX0AI9KSC?format=jpg&name=large

Dear mouthpiece,

In response to your petty correspondence we reply as follows:

1. No

2. No

3. Question already answered. No rules broken.

4. Are you off your head?

 

I trust this correspondence satisfies and will be filed in an appropriate place..

 

With warmest regards

Sincerely yours and so forth.....

 

 

Edited by ECCOnoob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Dear mouthpiece,

In response to your petty correspondence we reply as follows:

1. No

2. No

3. Question already answered. No rules broken.

4. Are you off your head?

 

I trust this correspondence satisfies and will be filed in an appropriate place..

 

With warmest regards

Sincerely yours and so forth.....

 

 

Barry Gardiner next up on the conveyor, sending a letter to Police asking for charges to be brought . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Barry Gardiner next up on the conveyor, sending a letter to Police asking for charges to be brought . 

What do you think about the behaviour that Rayner and Gardiner are complaining about?

 

People don't trust the politicians because the politicians aren't trustworthy. In the context of the pandemic, where we need everybody to pull together, that does a lot of damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.