The Conservative Party - Part Two.

11 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Going to Eton and Oxford hasn't done the current incumbent much good. He still behaves like a boorish oaf, or as Cummings correctly called it. like a shopping trolley going from side to side bashing into the goods.

Come to think of it, an Eton education didn't do Cameron much good in his capacity as Prime Minister either.

I think  Johnson, and possibly to a lesser extent Cameron, had they not been born into fabulously wealthy backgrounds would've ended up with unremarkable careers. 

In fact I think that had Johnson not been educated at Eton then Oxford he would've ended up appearing on the Jeremy Kyle show. Look at the evidence - shags about, fathered more spawn than your average alley cat, and lies habitually. 

You did not answer the question, which was "Do you suggest we should put less educated people, and with less established professional and social contact networks,  into such a key role?

2 hours ago, Dromedary said:

And just how many by elections do we need in 2 years to achieve that?

None.

But any one that should occur before then, can be proof of a strengthening concept (or not, naturally).

Now there’s quite the dilemma for the Tories 2.0: clean up their act quickly and thoroughly to regain voter esteem durably, or carry on doubling down with ever worse PM and Ministerial material 😁

Edited by L00b

40 minutes ago, Caswall said:

You did not answer the question, which was "Do you suggest we should put less educated people, and with less established professional and social contact networks,  into such a key role?

No I didn't because I didn't think it was worth answering.

Edited by Mister M

Just now, Mister M said:

No I didn't because I din't think it was worth answering.

But instead you spewed a bunch of meaningless and somewhat irrelevant diatribe, which you did consider worth posting. 

Interesting sense of perspective you have there..

40 minutes ago, Caswall said:

A good level of education  is necessary, but l would argue that Oxbridge is not necessarily the best or the most appropriate education. It is very rarified and exclusive education for the elite, but lacks the street smarts that puts you in touch with the people you govern. IMO without experience of a wider cross section of the population and the things that concern them you are hampered from the start. 

2 minutes ago, Caswall said:

But instead you spewed a bunch of meaningless and somewhat irrelevant diatribe, which you did consider worth posting. 

That you choose to describe it as meaningless and irrelevant says more about your priorities than mine.

Rather than attending a school which charges parents a fortune, or having 'contacts' as a prerequisite of being of holding political power; I see the qualities of a good PM, or even an MP as someone with integrity,  humility and not being removed from the people that they wish to serve.

Just now, Anna B said:

A good level of education  is necessary, but l would argue that Oxbridge is not necessarily the best or the most appropriate education. It is very rarified and exclusive education for the elite, but lacks the street smarts that puts you in touch with the people you govern. IMO without experience of a wider cross section of the population and the things that concern them you are hampered from the start. 

I can't argue with that.  I would hold that a high level of education is a must for people in key governmental roles, but that quality education and social refinement - the ability to mix and converse with other senior national representatives - should not, as you suggest, exclude other quality institutions.

28 minutes ago, Caswall said:

You think Johnson is a model of social refinement?

Like I said, had he not been born with a silver spoon in his mouth he would've been fodder for the Jeremy Kyle show.

15 minutes ago, Caswall said:

I can't argue with that.  I would hold that a high level of education is a must for people in key governmental roles, but that quality education and social refinement - the ability to mix and converse with other senior national representatives - should not, as you suggest, exclude other quality institutions.

You must be very perturbed about the folk in key government roles at the moment then?

You just couldn’t make it up.

The senior civil servant,Sir Simon Case who is currently investigating the various parties is now reported to have sent out invitations last December .... to a Christmas Party.

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Going to Eton and Oxford hasn't done the current incumbent much good. He still behaves like a boorish oaf, or as Cummings correctly called it. like a shopping trolley going from side to side bashing into the goods.

Come to think of it, an Eton education didn't do Cameron much good in his capacity as Prime Minister either.

I think  Johnson, and possibly to a lesser extent Cameron, had they not been born into fabulously wealthy backgrounds would've ended up with unremarkable careers. 

In fact I think that had Johnson not been educated at Eton then Oxford he would've ended up appearing on the Jeremy Kyle show. Look at the evidence - shags about, fathered more spawn than your average alley cat, and lies habitually. 

Jeremy Kyle show 😁 . Stop being silly  , hes got all his own teeth

10 minutes ago, RJRB said:

You just couldn’t make it up.

The senior civil servant,Sir Simon Case who is currently investigating the various parties is now reported to have sent out invitations last December .... to a Christmas Party.

Another cracking Christmas party . Six people ,sat at their office desks , having a glass or two of wine and having a quiz over zoom with other work colleagues who were in their homes .