The Conservative Party - Part Two.

18 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

Sounds like Boris has been caught lying about the evacuation from Kabul too.

That does not sound credible given the footage. Do you have some additional information?

Just what was said on Newsnight. By the way big Tory bashing on there tonight and just as I thought it couldn’t get any worse, on came Andy (dolls eyes) Burnham  . Have a look at post 3616

Edited by hackey lad

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just what was said on Newsnight. By the way big Tory bashing on there tonight and just as I thought it couldn’t get any worse, on came Andy (dolls eyes) Burnham

I think had it not been for real, Stratton would have answered the Twitter question in a serious tone with something like 'I'm sorry I have not seen that and cannot comment at this time' as she would have done in a real press briefing if she really had no knowledge of an emerging story.

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

I think had it not been for real, Stratton would have answered the Twitter question in a serious tone with something like 'I'm sorry I have not seen that and cannot comment at this time' as she would have done in a real press briefing if she really had no knowledge of an emerging story.

Have a look at it and make your mind up 

5 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Have a look at it and make your mind up 

I saw the Newsnight report, if that's what you mean.

If it really is some kind of joke that happens to coincide with an untrue story about a No 10 party, I would expect somebody 'in the room' to come forward explaining it in that way. If they do that and provide some additional detail in a straightforward way I would tend to believe their account because the person coming forward knows there is a leaker out there who may well be able to expose lies if they tell them. But ... I am not expecting this to happen because I think the story of the party is almost certainly true.

Edited by Carbuncle

I’m not on about that . I’m on about the video doing the rounds that many people will believe is true . Start of News on itv showed the clip with the lady saying no social distancing and laughing about it . Many will believe that it was a true briefing 

7 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Many will believe that it was a true briefing 

Oh, sorry. So back on the other question: do you believe she is laughing about a real party? In actuality, providing us with evidence that there really was a party.

On 02/12/2021 at 14:47, West 77 said:

It's just another old washer woman political point scoring story. The people at this alleged gathering were all there because they were working there.  Similar alleged gatherings will have happened in places of work all over the country.  Sir Keir Barrister Boy Starmer is an embarrassment for wasting his questions about this alleged gathering at PMQ's

Given how this story has developed over the week, I think it was rather prescient of Kier Starmer to use his questions at PMQs last week. It's Johnson who's proving the embarrassment.

No ministers have been offered up to do the media round this morning. Perhaps they've had enough of defending the indefensible.

Government ministers refuse to go on radio and TV to defend Downing Street party | The Independent

Jacob Rees Mogg at the culty Institute of Economic Affairs shindig last night filmed having a good laugh about this whole affair while the country is seething. 

I wonder who's going to be on Question Time tomorrow night? I hope it's James Cleverly, he can always be relied upon to deflect and blame Labour when the heat is on the Tories. 

Johnson and his top team of cultists in a pile of poo of their own making.

9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Just what was said on Newsnight. By the way big Tory bashing on there tonight and just as I thought it couldn’t get any worse, on came Andy (dolls eyes) Burnham  . Have a look at post 3616

Yes I saw Newsnight last night. 

Ironic that Allegra Stratton was the chief political correspondent on that programme; something which Emily Maitliss and Lewis Goodall were quick not to point out :hihi:

Edited by Mister M

25 minutes ago, West 77 said:

It looked like just friendly banter.  A short clip which wasn't an interview can be misleading.  Whoever dug up the clip is scraping the barrel and will take away trust.

You don't think Boris continuously and habitually lying will take away trust?

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Have you always been unlucky at thinking?

No, have you? :loopy:

But back to the point. If someone is caught out lying on numerous occasions, it stands to reason that others trust in them will disappear. You don't see that? Well, not everyone is gifted with the unswerving loyalty to Johnson and the Conservatives as you are.

Edited by Mister M

10 hours ago, Carbuncle said:

In the video, there are nine people helping Ms Stratton prepare for her interaction with the press. Are they civil servants? Are they special advisors?

They were rehearsing the lies they were going to tell the public, and laughing while doing it. Anyone who votes Tory after seeing that is literally mad.

3 minutes ago, Delbow said:

They were rehearsing the lies they were going to tell the public, and laughing while doing it. Anyone who votes Tory after seeing that is literally mad.

Loads of Tories ringing in Nick Ferrari now absolutely fuming that not only have they been lied to, but they feel like they're being laughed at and mocked

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Loads of Tories ringing in Nick Ferrari now absolutely fuming that not only have they been lied to, but they feel like they're being laughed at and mocked

They're just a means to an end, totally taken for granted. 

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

The reason they feel they're being laughed at, is because they're being laughed at.