The Conservative Party - Part Two.

47 minutes ago, sibon said:

It is broken because UK citizens have been without power for over a week

Due to an unpredictable act of God which has not affected the majority of the UK. When was the last time you suffered from a blackout, and no I dont mean by drinking too much.

The government are responsible for energy security.

No the National Grid* are and that why you cannot lookup or find where their control centres are as they come under the Official Secrets Act. Seems you are also confusing security with supply.

*Amendment* Ofgem have the primary role in ensuring energy security in the UK and is independent of the Government. Distribution security however is in the domain of the National Grid. If a line fails or goes down its the NG that deal with it.

They've failed.

Not for the first time.

Maybe Johnson should dress up as an electricity repair man.

Whatever floats your boat.

Edited by Dromedary

Every time I've seen the North East power issues on TV, the lines have been knocked down due to trees hitting the cables and snapping them.

Shouldn't the blame be some part on the landowner for allowing this?  Last time I was at Treeton Dyke a big clear path was cut through the woods so the surrounding trees wouldn't hit the power line going through there.

13 hours ago, sibon said:

It is.

They are responsible for energy security. It is one of their fundamental roles

Storm Barra is on its way.  Its all Johnson's fault. 

This wouldn't have happened under Jeremy. 

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

I don't think it's the landowners responsibility to protect the power cables.  Surely it's the responsibility of who the power cable belong to ensure the trees are not a hazard to their power cables.  

I'd be surprised if it was the landowner's responsibility too.

From a landowner's perspective: You may consider yourself competent wielding a chainsaw to cut down trees but would you want to do so near live electricity supply cables?

From a power grid company's perspective: Do you really want the reliability of your grid to depend on thousands of landowners who may or may not be competent to ensure trees don't interfere with your cables and who all have a financial incentive to do as little maintenance as possible?

Last week at Prime Minister's Questions, Boris Johnson categorically denied that a party took place at No 10.

It has now emerged, in the last hour, No 10 staff filmed joking about a Downing Street Christmas party just four days after it happened

Leaked recording shows Boris Johnson's then spokesman Allegra Stratton creased up laughing and saying there was "definitely no social distancing"

No 10 staff filmed JOKING about Downing Street Christmas party just four days after it happened - Mirror Online

I think the walls are closing in on Johnson. Pulling funny faces, ruffling his hair and engaging in his clown act might have caused hilarity among some Tory voters. However, this party took place at a time when Boris Johnson was telling the public to be responsible because of Covid. And many did - not visiting relatives at Christmas and being denied seeing loved ones at an important time.

We now learn that not only did his own senior staff not obey the rules, find it funny that they broke them, but also that Johnson lied to the House of Commons.

I'm pretty sure many will be really ****** off with Johnson. He really is taking them for mugs.

Edited by Mister M

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I'm pretty sure many will be really ****** off with Johnson. He really is taking them for mugs.

When is the media going to start treating his denials as not credible? I don't mean in connection with this specific event I mean in general when something sleazy is alleged and he comes out and issues a denial. It really is time they started treating his utterances with the scepticism the utterances of a versatile liar deserve rather than pretending they have probative value.

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

When is the media going to start treating his denials as not credible? I don't mean in connection with this specific event I mean in general when something sleazy is alleged and he comes out and issues a denial. It really is time they started treating his utterances with the scepticism the utterances of a versatile liar deserve rather than pretending they have probative value.

Surely you mean a probabbartative value?

Just now, hackey lad said:

Can see the knives coming out soon 

What do you think should happen?

1 minute ago, Carbuncle said:

It's a difficult one for them isn't it? Having encouraged its readers to elevate him to Prime Minister, I suspect they're going to feel like egg on their face. Good.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

Surely you mean a probabbartative value?

Like it.

Just now, Carbuncle said:

What do you think should happen?

Honestly dont know . He survives or he dont but I cannot see no stand out person to replace him