Jump to content

The Conservative Party - Part Two.

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Who said anything about food banks? Let's get back on topic shall we.

 

They are not special love.  Everyone has had to face price increases. Pensioners, students, anyone else in the working world not lucky enough to have some additional state hand out on top of their wages. We are just coming out of a massive worldwide pandemic. The government had to invest billions into trying to sort it out and we are still reeling from the massive disruption to our businesses, supply chains and staffing.

 

A small child will understand that's going to have an obvious effect on end prices and we are all having to manage.  

 

None of that detracts from the simple basic fact that the £20 extra per week was a temporary arrangement for a specific purpose. It's over. They need to get back to coping just like they used to -  everyone else is.  I am sure we will all like an extra £1,000 a year but hey this is a real world.

 

Sick to death of seeing this whiny exaggerated story across certain newspapers and TV shows.  

Tell that to the 'Father of the House' , Sir Peter Bottomley, who has complained that living on £82,000 a yer is grim, and MPs should get a payrise

It’s grim having to live on £82,000 a year, says Sir Peter Bottomley, UK’s longest-serving MP (telegraph.co.uk)

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

"IF" it was that way round and I posted what you posted , what would your reply to me be ? 

I'd be saying the optics are bloody awful. Because they are.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Tell that to the 'Father of the House' , Sir Peter Bottomley, who has complained that living on £82,000 a yer is grim, and MPs should get a payrise

It’s grim having to live on £82,000 a year, says Sir Peter Bottomley, UK’s longest-serving MP (telegraph.co.uk)

I'd be saying the optics are bloody awful. Because they are.

 

Of course you would 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hackey lad said:

Of course you would 

So why bother asking if you knew the answer anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, West 77 said:

The Minister would have been singing last year if the conference hadn't been cancelled as a consequence of the pandemic. Have you something against members of  political parties celebrating big general election victories at party conferences?

If serving for a PM who is happy to see the bodies pile high is the time of her life, I can only guess how orgasmic she’s going to find the next few months. 
 

Fuel crises, empty supermarket shelves, erratic distribution of goods,  Irish border problems, no turkeys, or pigs, inflation returning and rising unemployment.

 

Its certainly shaping up to be memorable. Hang on to your microphone 

Edited by sibon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

So why bother asking if you knew the answer anyway

Just to prove that you are a hypocrite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Just to prove that you are a hypocrite 

Just like you then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Just like you then

Ner ner ne ner ner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Ner ner ne ner ner 

Think it's you that needs to 'grow up'

48 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

"IF" it was that way round and I posted what you posted , what would your reply to me be ? 

No need to deal with hypotheticals Hacks, you can look through my post history and find examples where I've criticised Labour MPs and members.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Who said anything about food banks? Let's get back on topic shall we.

 

They are not special love.  Everyone has had to face price increases. Pensioners, students, anyone else in the working world not lucky enough to have some additional state hand out on top of their wages. We are just coming out of a massive worldwide pandemic. The government had to invest billions into trying to sort it out and we are still reeling from the massive disruption to our businesses, supply chains and staffing.

 

A small child will understand that's going to have an obvious effect on end prices and we are all having to manage.  

 

None of that detracts from the simple basic fact that the £20 extra per week was a temporary arrangement for a specific purpose. It's over. They need to get back to coping just like they used to -  everyone else is.  I am sure we will all like an extra £1,000 a year but hey this is a real world.

 

Sick to death of seeing this whiny exaggerated story across certain newspapers and TV shows.  

Love? Love??? 

 

Besides - they get £20 or they don't.  Its not a case of working a couple more hours either. I've been in situations where losing £20 would have been a disaster - not eating disaster. But I've full order books now. I'm alright. I could lose £20 a week and it won't hurt, which is fab.  

 

If I had a tax cut - and not that NI increase - I'd be even better off. I should get to keep more money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Universal Credit claimants, working or not, loosing £20 a week is significant when fuel and food inflation is looming, The governments call for higher wages will only increase costs for those in the gig economy or those unable to work. In the meantime fruit and vegetables are rotting unpicked, food standard pigs and poultry are to be culled on farm whilst food bank use is increasing. Britain has gone mad!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2021 at 20:23, CaptainSwing said:

Here's another article making the same point.  Boris the Red Tory.

 

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk-politics/2021/05/red-tory-vision-britain-boris-johnson-and-his-new-conservatives-will-triumph

 

[As I've said before, I'll believe it when I see it.]

Edited by CaptainSwing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, CaptainSwing said:

Here's another article making the same point.  Boris the Red Tory.

It could be said that saving the banks was a left leaning policy, but most lefties were not impressed.

They would have wanted the banks nationalising. As they do with the struggling energy companies.

Edited by El Cid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.