The Conservative Party - Part Two.

9 minutes ago, crookesey said:

If my aunty had a penis she’d be my uncle, but she hasn’t, so she isn’t. ‘Compassionate’ my backside.

Sadly compassion in today's society is a dirty word. 

I think many Tories in the parliamentary party, in the constituencies, and in the press are privately furious with Johnson for what they claim is his lack of fiscal conservatism. There are rifts between Sunak, his chancellor and himself. Johnson doesn't like austerity. He senses, probably correctly, that people have had enough of the gruel served up by Osborne, Cameron and the like (even though he was a key figure in their team). As far as 'compassionate Conservatism' goes, Johnson is all the Tories have.

Edited by Mister M

33 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Sadly the former Prime Minister Sir John Mayor has no credibility because he has no respect for democracy.  Sir John Mayor wanted the UK to revoke  its application to leave the EU and ignore the democratic wishes of the British electorate. It's rather a bad mistake to ignore the wishes of the electorate which was proved by the result of December 2019 General Election result.

The subject of discussion is corruption and sleaze, not Brexit.

Now you may say that John Major's government knew a fair bit on those matters. However, Major did establish the Nolan review, and the Committee into Standards in Public life. When Prime Minister, John Major I think genuinely did want to root out sleaze. His charge, however, is that the head of the current government is leading his government into the gutter. He says:

"This government has done a number of things that have concerned me deeply: they have broken the law, the prorogation of Parliament. They have broken treaties, I have in mind the Northern Ireland Protocol. They have broken their word on many occasions."

25 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Nadine Dorries is one hot momma .

15 minutes ago, West 77 said:

A good point well made.  

A point probably not lost on Boris Johnson.

Edited by Mister M

3 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Hilarious.  Those politicians who wanted to prevent the implementation of Brexit make sleaze politicians look like apple scrumpers. There can be no bigger crime than elected MPs who seek to cheat the electorate out of a democratic choice they made. 

I prefer that politicians stick to their core beliefs through thick and thin rather than take the expedient and populist route for their own advancement.

Johnson went the Brexit route without having a clue how it could be successfully implemented,and he still hasn’t.

Instead of having a few right wing Tories agitating for a Brexit vote a few years ago,the reverse is now the case.

So why is it now undemocratic.

Gove is wise to be keeping a low profile lately as the likes of Fox,Rees Mogg and Johnson flounder in the Brexit mess.

13 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Hilarious.  Those politicians who wanted to prevent the implementation of Brexit make sleaze politicians look like apple scrumpers. There can be no bigger crime than elected MPs who seek to cheat the electorate out of a democratic choice they made. 

In which case every single politician who gets into government and breaks an election pledge is guilty of a crime. Including Johnson.

I know you want to shoe horn Brexit into every political discussion. As much as you'd like it ti be, it isn't about Brexit. It's about Johnson's poor judgement, basic unfitness to be in Government, failed attempt to game the system to benefit the government, and his consequent shaming.

Although I vote Labour, I was never afraid to criticise them where I think they are and were wrong. You're so servile that you'd defend them, even when they are in the wrong.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

You seem to have a fetish for elderly reactionary women, have you thought about seeking help?

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

You seem to have a fetish for elderly reactionary women, have you thought about seeking help?

Ey up , one hit Willie is back 

13 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Oh dear you still don't get it.  The politicians handed over the decision of the British membership of the EU to the British electorate when they overwhelmingly voted in favour to hold an in/out EU referendum.  It was the British electorate who decided to go the Brexit route. Unlike his two predecessors Boris Johnson has implemented the democratic choice the British electorate made.

Though it won't be lost on everyone else that whenever Johnson makes a balls up, or his government act in a corrupt manner, they break election promises, or their policies and promises aren't worth the paper they're written on. All you think you have to do is deflect onto Brexit.

Hardly a great strategy since a)you're not answering the point, and b) it's becoming more apparent with every passing week that Brexit is a disaster.

You're part of a weird cult

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

You see, the conversation was being elevated by a discussion of 'compassionate Conservatism' and the supporters of the Conservative government drag it down by lusting after a minister. 

We know that Dorries isn't very bright, but I wouldn't imagine she'd be happy if people were treating her as nothing more than a hole.

So much for 'compassionate Conservatism'  :roll:

Edited by Mister M

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

You see, the conversation was being elevated by a discussion of 'compassionate Conservatism' and the supporters of the Conservative government drag it down by lusting after a minister. 

We know that Dorries isn't very bright, but I wouldn't imagine she'd be happy if people were treating her as nothing more than a hole.

Nothing wrong with appreciating the female form . I try to be cross party on this subject but apart from Emily Thornberry I  find Labour to be lacking 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Nothing wrong with appreciating the female form . I try to be cross party on this subject but apart from Emily Thornberry I  find Labour to be lacking 

I'm sure many Labour people are devastated to hear that!