The Conservative Party - Part Two.

2 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The opposition parties weren't going to cooperate and be part of any committee meaning only Tories would be on the committee discussing any changes which is why the u-turn has happened.

They've got a big majority - they don't need any opposition help. A bit of dissention in the ranks?

Just a few short weeks after David Amess's death and discussion of angry constituents and threats to MPs, the Tories pull a stunt like this which puts MPs back in danger again.

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

You've missed the point.  Any committee has to have cross party members otherwise the opposition parties will argue their judgements are bias.

Didn't the ammendment go through the commons?

13 hours ago, altus said:

It covers them. Have another look.

I’ve had a look and cannot find them, maybe it’s staring me in the face but I cannot see it.

4 minutes ago, West 77 said:
13 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Didn't the ammendment go through the commons?

Yes, but the opposition parties since the vote have made it clear they will not cooperate with any discussions to introduce changes by not being part of any committees.  

Classic Westy and an illustration of how it is hard to make things idiot-proof because idiots really are ingenious.

4 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I’ve had a look and cannot find them, maybe it’s staring me in the face but I cannot see it.

You asked:

What about his claims that his witnesses were not heard ?

The article contains:

Paterson’s claim: Paterson said the investigation against him was biased because the commissioner did not interview 17 witnesses who wanted to defend him and provide testimony about what was discussed at various meetings.

Watchdog response: The 17 witnesses provided written statements, which the standards committee said they received and read. However, the committee said that they “do not see what further relevant information could usefully be gleaned by inviting oral evidence from the witnesses concerned”.

Paterson claimed the witnesses would testify that his intentions were good. But the committee said “subjective motivation is not the test under the lobbying rules” and that seven of the 14 approaches found to be in breach of paid advocacy rules were emails or letters from Paterson personally, meaning oral evidence from those who supported him was unlikely to materially alter its conclusions.

That seems pretty comprehensive to me.

2 minutes ago, altus said:

You asked:

The article contains:

That seems pretty comprehensive to me.

Ok thanks for that . Yes it seems case closed.

Pretty disgusting Tory tactics once again....

Guest sibon
55 minutes ago, West 77 said:

The opposition parties weren't going to cooperate and be part of any committee meaning only Tories would be on the committee discussing any changes which is why the u-turn has happened.

Face it, Westy. This is another example of the arrogance of this administration. And their incompetence. 

4 hours ago, GinTreeS7 said:

I think the Tories have done a good job of handling this epidemic , considering it was unprecedented in modern times.

I dont know how Captain Hindsight would have handled it , doubtless we would be locked down for much longer and a lot more spending thats for sure ... 😞

And tens of thousands of people still alive, instead of dead.

1 minute ago, West 77 said:

This is an example of the opposition parties winning a game of political point scoring.  A large number of Tory MPs are guilty of showing a colleague compassion, giving him the benefit of the doubt and support over an incident which allegedly played a part in his wife committing suicide.  As they say politics is a dirty game.

It is much bigger issue than that.

We have had a number of examples of this government performing screeching U turns because they fail to think things through.

I suppose scoring own goals is a way of point scoring.

Is it down to arrogance or incompetence?

20 hours ago, West 77 said:
20 hours ago, steved32 said:

Good old Bozza.  Instructing his sycophants to mark their own homework.

Sleazy, self-serving slime.

An excellent anti Boris rant.  As Mrs Merton used to say "Give yourself a big clap"  well done you.

Edited 20 hours ago by West 77

Mmmm...what do you think about his U-turn now, then?  Time for you to "give yourself a big clap," methinks.