The Conservative Party - Part Two.

She's genuinely nuts:

I don't think it's a convenient case of BSE (Blame Someone Else), she actually believes the crap that she's spouting....Talk about not being in touch with reality.

Edited by Mister M

37 minutes ago, Delbow said:

Yes. Yes, it is.

Explains rather a lot.

Thought you were at times a decent poster who just had moments of frustration and anger but I did have my doubts.

I admire your honesty however.

What's really wild about Truss is that to an extent she's right, there are external forces that led to her downfall, but those external forces are the international financial markets. It was them who did the maths on her budget, realised it didn't add up and pulled the alarm cord, resulting in her being ousted. So she sunk because she (and her chancellor of the exchequer!) don't understand capitalism. Which is extraordinary.

5 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Explains rather a lot.

Thought you were at times a decent poster who just had moments of frustration and anger but I did have my doubts.

I admire your honesty however.

Well, I've just posted something conventional for you not to engage with, so there's that.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Delbow said:

What's really wild about Truss is that to an extent she's right, there are external forces that led to her downfall, but those external forces are the international financial markets. It was them who did the maths on her budget, realised it didn't add up and pulled the alarm cord, resulting in her being ousted. So she sunk because she (and her chancellor of the exchequer!) don't understand capitalism. Which is extraordinary.

Exactly. 

But she does not say that.

Possibly because she's a small state, free market fundamentalist who believes in the 'hidden hand' of the market to make the right decisions.

Well it made a decision on her budget and the decision was negative, it didn't like what she and her chancellor had proposed, and consequently the markets went haywire.

The only way she can square the circle of not taking responsibility for the mess she unleashed, and of not placing the blame where it lay, is to ally herself with the ultra right wingers and blame left wingers and trans activists in quangos.

Inch by inch, the political narrative has been moving further right in this country for the last 14 years. What would've been unacceptable 14 years ago is now mainstream. And we've landed in a space where the former Prime Minister and the former Home Secretary are flirting with extremism. Very good at labelling social democracy as communism, but completely unaware of their own lurch to the fringes.

2 hours ago, Delbow said:

Liz Truss: Vote Brexit to take back control!

Liz Truss post-Brexit: There are people in control behind the scenes!

I hope she dies in a bin.

Classy .

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

She's genuinely nuts

I can't work out whether there's genuinely something broken there, or if she's just doing what a hollow, cynical, amoral grifter has to do to keep the cash and attention coming. 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Is he wrong ?

Full weight wrong un in my view but what are the thoughts of a ‘proud Tory’?

4 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Full weight wrong un in my view but what are the thoughts of a ‘proud Tory’?

Is he wrong on the subject in hand ?

9 minutes ago, Hecate said:

I can't work out whether there's genuinely something broken there, or if she's just doing what a hollow, cynical, amoral grifter has to do to keep the cash and attention coming. 

I’m going for bonkers.

DcpRoX1cCRE4PElc.mp4?tag=12

• Like 1